What Is Everyone's Favourite Form Of Exersise?

Options

Replies

• 1fitmimi
    1fitmimi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My Favorite is ZUMBA! I am trying to learn to run, but my feet keep stopping me, I must be doing something wrong. In past I have enjoyed resistance training, hope that is in my near future.
  • lolitasunrise
    Options
    Yoga. Definitely yoga. I love the extra flexibility I get, plus it really helps me slow my brain down. I also like how versatile it is to fit your fitness needs; right now, because I'm getting back into shape after a year of being sedentary, I'm starting out again with mostly beginner poses with a few favorite intermediate ones I had previously mastered tossed in, but two summers ago when I was hitting the gym every day, I went to these really intense hot yoga classes that were probably, hands down, the most difficult workouts I've ever done in my life.

Favorite cardio would probably be the elliptical. :D One of my main ways to unwind at the end of the day is by watching fluffy sitcoms on Netflix, so now I just go to the gym instead and watch How I Met Your Mother and Big Bang Theory while burning those sweet, sweet calories. I guess stairmaster and treadmill would fall into here too, but I have bad knees from sports injuries I got when I was younger, so the lower impact for me, the better.
  • P05T5CRIPT
    P05T5CRIPT Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Kettlebells is my absolute fave, lifting heavy and a little cardio in the same mix does it for me!
  • AllisonEBrown
    Options
    There is a forest about 300 yards from my house, so I will go on 4-5 mile hikes every chance I get.
  • BellaFe
    BellaFe Posts: 323
    Options
    Lifting!!
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    powerlifting
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    sex
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If I had to pick just one I'd go with hiking, with swimming as a very close second. Those are probably the only exercises I could do every day. But weather prevents hiking every day and I don't have a pool so I do a variety of exercises. I have DVDs of Zumba and Turbo Fire that I enjoy. I have a treadmill and step that I enjoy when I'm in the mood for something monotonous. I like calisthenics, plyometrics and jumping rope. Sometimes I run or walk, or intervals of both. I have some dumbells I occasionally lift, but not often because I really hate lifting weights.
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Boxing. Zumba. Running and Sex.

I do a lot of the first two. The second one when the snow melts and/ or the temps are >0C... and the third... well lets just say I burn all my calories from the first three these days. LMAO

How YOU doin?

Lifting weights
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Yoga - bodyweight resistance exercises - swimming and kettlebell (but not at the same time).

If I was to pick one it would have to be Yoga as it incorporates an amount of each fitness component - cardio, strength, flexibility and balance; emotionally and physically.
  • niknokd
    niknokd Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Insanity is my favorite! BodyCombat class is my second.
  • mikebowers27
    Options
    Weight lifting for sure. Also enjoy exercises that use only body weight. I find pilates to be a suprising killer workout too
  • mhaight85
    Options
    My husband got me Just Dance for xBox Kinect for Christmas which is my new favorite! I don't think there is a way to track calories burned, but it is so fun it doesn't feel like exercising. It works your whole body for a good cardio workout. :O)
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Lifting.
  • 1holegrouper
    1holegrouper Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hot Bed Yoga
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Yoga wins hands down. Though my ideal day would be: breakfast, a walk in the woods, snack, 2-3 hour yoga class in the morning, lunch, a long walk in the woods, snack, another 2 hour class, dinner. I think the fact that the meals are included are why I'm on this site...
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My husband got me Just Dance for xBox Kinect for Christmas which is my new favorite! I don't think there is a way to track calories burned, but it is so fun it doesn't feel like exercising. It works your whole body for a good cardio workout. :O)

Yes, this too!! Exercise the whole family can enjoy. The grandkids love to do this with us.
  • Jallycr
    Options
    Weight Lifting... You see improvement it the actual amount you can lift! It feels great to know you are getting stronger
  • nhradeuce
    nhradeuce Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I play a lot of soccer. 6-8 hours per week at a minimum, more when the seasons start back up. It's a fantastic workout and you don't even realize you've been running for 2 hours! I also love to work out at 9Round. It's a kickboxing themed workout that is a ton of fun. I also secretly enjoy playing Wii Cheer with my daughters. They think it's great that their dad can cheer with them and it's a pretty good workout too. I just make sure there are no cameras around when we play.
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Lifting weights (has given me best results) and dance (ballet, modern, zumba)