Best exercise for losing muffin top?

Options
Hey guys

I've read everywhere and heard from everyone that doing ab exercises don't help in loosing muffin top fat, which I believe because building muscle underneath the fat is obviously not going to make it look any smaller. But I've yet to hear of an exercise that's actually recommended when focussing on loosing this type of fat?

Does anyone have any suggestions of exercises that have worked for them or that they are seeing the benefit from?

Thank you so very much! :D

Hazel

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Hip thrusts
  • zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce fat, sorry.
  • dynamitegalxo
    dynamitegalxo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Buy better fitting jeans. And then reduce overall bodyfat percentage with a combination of correct eating and weight lifting as in the Stronglifts 5x5 program.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Buy better fitting jeans. And then reduce overall bodyfat percentage with a combination of correct eating and weight lifting as in the Stronglifts 5x5 program.

^^this
  • MavenMassage505
    Options
    Hazel,
    Muffin tops are rough. Best thing you can do is find a Massage Therapist in your area that actually does MyoFascial work. You or the Massage Therapist can actually start picking up that layer that sits between your skin and muscle and bone structure callled fascia and unstick it girl. It will bring blood in to the area that has that stubborn layer of fat. I mean pull on these troubled spots as much as you can handle at a time.

I actually do this for my clients on a regular basis and it works!!! If you have any questions, I'll me more than happy to help.

Good Luck.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options

^^this

I have just started buying high waisted jeans. As well as a muffin top I've got a long torso so these have been brilliant. They are soo much more comfortable
  • PrincessGlitterTush
    Options
    The best exercise I recommend is WILLPOWER.
    Eat clean and exercise properly to reduce body fat.
    It's the same with abs.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Hazel,
    Muffin tops are rough. Best thing you can do is find a Massage Therapist in your area that actually does MyoFascial work. You or the Massage Therapist can actually start picking up that layer that sits between your skin and muscle and bone structure callled fascia and unstick it girl. It will bring blood in to the area that has that stubborn layer of fat. I mean pull on these troubled spots as much as you can handle at a time.

I actually do this for my clients on a regular basis and it works!!! If you have any questions, I'll me more than happy to help.

Good Luck.

How exactly does this work for fat mobilization?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Hazel,

Good Luck.

This is not even a little bit true.
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Hazel,

Good Luck.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: that's a joke right? That's the best option? I kinda figured it would have had something to do with fat loss. Oops my bad.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Hazel,

Good Luck.

This is not even a little bit true.

My father does myofascial massage therapy and it is not for spot reducing fatty areas. It is a specific form of sports medicine employed to relieve pain in athletes and those with longstanding injuries.

Not exactly what you're looking for, OP. Buy better-fitting jeans for now. As you lose body fat, the muffin top will go away in its own time.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options

^^this

I have just started buying high waisted jeans. As well as a muffin top I've got a long torso so these have been brilliant. They are soo much more comfortable

I wear high waisted stuff too cuz my muffin top annoys me & I have a tiny little waist, so it accentuates it.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Hazel,

Good Luck.

More blood flow to the stubborn fat area is a good thing.
  • Single07
    Options
    Best thing that works for me is using my total gym.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Hazel,

Good Luck.

Wouldn't you get a better blood flow from exercise?
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Hazel,

Good Luck.

Wouldn't you get a better blood flow from exercise?

Yes, or take yohimbine before training.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Pants with a higher rise and intervals.

***there is a decent amount of research that says intervals burn more belly fat. This may or may not be true, but intervals do burn more calories...and burning more calories = losing more weight = losing more fat. So the way I see it, it is a win win.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Hazel,

Good Luck.
    If you're going to try and sell your services, at least try and make sense.
  • Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Yea, I wish spot reduction would work. Jillian Michaels 30 DAY SHRED dvd seems to help with the midsection.

I, myself have been wearing higher waisted jeans...and they are too tight when i put them on, then through out the day, they get more loose...then they get baggy on my butt and thighs, but i still have a muffin top, and the pants usually sag down, so then i have the pouch with baggy jeans...it is very frustrating. I can't wait until my midsection catches up with my weight loss that my butt and thighs have apparently experienced. Also, the high waisted pants end up giving me not only a muffin top above the waist line of the pants, but also a weird looking stuffed pouch below the waistline of the pants. Everything else is baggy though. I usually have an hour glass figure, but now I feel like a barrel!

I had a baby 10 months ago, and still look 5 or 6 months pregnant though.