Already over on sugar and not even finished logging!

Options
Hi all,

I have recently restarted this (been logging properly for about a week) but I just wondered if anyone could give me a bit of advice or feedback on my food diary. I am 5ft 4 and weight 129pounds, I would like to get down to about 121 minimum but would be happy a little above. I also work as a school teacher.

One thing I seem on my diary is always to be over in sugar whatever I do! I think its because I snack on fruit but surely this is better than other things?! I know yesterday's sugar was high because I had two graze box snacks (in the UK) which were summer berry compote and the other included about 8 white chocolate buttons and raisins.

Any help you could give would be fab,
thank you!

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Sugar doesn't make you fat, calories do. so stop worrying about it.

This.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    If you eat fruit at all, you are going to be over the MFP limit. Since you're pretty close to goal weight I don't think it's going to make a huge difference. You could try switching to lower sugar fruits (berries, mostly), if you like, but it's not a major issue.
  • caitiemarie17
    caitiemarie17 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I have recently restarted this (been logging properly for about a week) but I just wondered if anyone could give me a bit of advice or feedback on my food diary. I am 5ft 4 and weight 129pounds, I would like to get down to about 121 minimum but would be happy a little above. I also work as a school teacher.

One thing I seem on my diary is always to be over in sugar whatever I do! I think its because I snack on fruit but surely this is better than other things?! I know yesterday's sugar was high because I had two graze box snacks (in the UK) which were summer berry compote and the other included about 8 white chocolate buttons and raisins.

thank you!

This is exactly how I am. It's because of the fruits I eat...which is more of a "good" sugar. But, still, it's really frustrating to keep going over.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

thank you!

This is exactly how I am. It's because of the fruits I eat...which is more of a "good" sugar. But, still, it's really frustrating to keep going over.

Fructose or fruit sugar, is a simple monosaccharide found in many plants. It is one of the three dietary monosaccharides, along with glucose and galactose, that are absorbed directly into the bloodstream during digestion. Fructose was discovered by French chemist Augustin-Pierre Dubrunfaut in 1847.[3] Pure, dry fructose is a very sweet, white, odorless, crystalline solid and is the most water-soluble of all the sugars.[4] From plant sources, fructose is found in honey, tree and vine fruits, flowers, berries, and most root vegetables. In plants, fructose may be present as the monosaccharide and/or as a molecular component of sucrose, which is a disaccharide.

Table sugar (sucrose) comes from plant sources. Two important sugar crops predominate: sugarcane (Saccharum spp.) and sugar beets (Beta vulgaris), in which sugar can account for 12% to 20% of the plant's dry weight. Minor commercial sugar crops include the date palm (Phoenix dactylifera), sorghum (Sorghum vulgare), and the sugar maple (Acer saccharum). Sucrose is obtained by extraction of these crops with hot water, concentration of the extract gives syrups, from which solid sucrose can be crystallized. In 2011, worldwide production of table sugar amounted to 168 million tonnes.[2]