MFP Newbie

Options
Hi Everyone

I am 24 yrs old and from Cape Town, South Africa. I joined MFP to keep track of my calories, it appears I have been eating too few calories and as a result not being able to lose weight due the starvation mode theory, that or I binge on chocolate because my body is huuungry. :p My diet has probably been like this for many years, my metabolism is probably that of a snails by now. Anyway so I am trying to meet the 1200 calorie mark each day in order to lose 5 very stubborn kilograms. I am short and don't have a lot of weight to lose but I want to feel comfortable in my own skin this year, I have been trying for a very long time to lose weight and have always thought I ate healthily and exercised regularly but I am hoping that perhaps eating enough calories and patience will be the key.

I find it so motivational to read about all your stories and big ups to all those successful people out there.

Are there any other yogi's out there on MFP? I do bikram or vinyasa yoga mostly, although this doesn't seem to be an option for exercise on MFP :( there is only "yoga" or "hatha yoga" which are very different to bikram/vinyasa.. am i missing something?

Replies

• GMorrisUK
    GMorrisUK Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Bikram yoga>? That's the HOT ROOM one isnt it?

Anyway - welcome and good luck with your weight loss goal!

I am also from Cape Town! Where on earth does one do hot yoga in Cape Town?
  • Tinytinks2
    Options
    Yup, it is indeed very hot. I love it though. There are about 4 studio's in Cape Town, 1 in Waterkant, 1 on Strand and 2 in the Southern Suburbs that I know of.

Thanks, have a feeling I am going to need a lot of patience after years of not eating enough and still worried about putting on weight initially, since I am eating a lot more than usual, but I hope that it will be for the better in the long run.

Do you find it hard to keep track of calories on MFP because there isn't a large database of South African branded foods?