Alcohol...whats the best to drink?

Options
Next weekend my work is having a holiday party.
I want to socialize and have a few drinks...whats the best to drink?

Replies

• ClareRae
    ClareRae Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    ALL OF IT!!! Mwa hahahaha!!!
  • susannahsutton1
    Options
    Avoid beer and sweet mixers - if you like vodka and coke, have it with diet coke, slimline tonic etc. Wine isn't massively bad. Do some exercise in the day to increase your calorie allowance and drink loads of water. Have fun!
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    The best alcohol to drink is the one you like the best.

You know the special occasion rule? If you are going to go over then have something worth going over for.
  • Talus731
    Talus731 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Vodka and soda, with a twist of line or lemon
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    drink whiskey
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I don't feel too guilty about vodka & cranberry juice, and I like it (had one New Year's Eve and estimated 170 calories). But, you want to get what you like if you are planning to cut loose a little!

You might want to look up calorie content for various drinks. I mean, you can't control the exact contents of your cocktail, but you can go in with an idea and a plan. I am sure it is easy to find for wines and common beers as well as hard liquor.
  • GoddessG
    GoddessG Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Non-sugary ones. DRY wine is OK in moderation - 1 or 2 3 oz glasses. I prefer bourbon "up". (no ice). But I stay under 10 carbs a day, so I avoid the wine because bourbon has no carbs - even though it does effect glycogen/insulin levels.

BUT REMEMBER: One full glass of water or cup of coffee and some water in between every drink.
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Chalk it up to a cheat day and have some fun... within reason drink what you like
  • eldarkangel
    eldarkangel Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    diet coke and a mixer
  • Bex2Bslim
    Bex2Bslim Posts: 1,092
    Options
    Clear spirits with soda, diet coke or slimline tonic. Have fun :drinker:
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Avoid beer and sweet mixers - if you like vodka and coke, have it with diet coke, slimline tonic etc. Wine isn't massively bad. Do some exercise in the day to increase your calorie allowance and drink loads of water. Have fun!
  • Bex2Bslim
    Bex2Bslim Posts: 1,092
    Options
    diet coke and a mixer

Diet coke IS the mixer lol :laugh:
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Anything you want, just be aware of the calories. Oh and thanks now I want a beer but I'm at work.:sad:
  • mum212
    mum212 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    never drink anything that say diet its full of artificial sweeteners and its really bad for you anthing made with sweeteners actually causes you to put weight on and store more fat, it sends insulin through you body that then turns to fat you may aswell just have normal coke and enjoy it, if you are the vodka type of drinker then mix it with juice orange, cranberry, pinapple, apple etc they are all good for you x
  • trentonkid
    Options
    Cabernet Sauvignon. I usually have three glasses and it comes in under 300 calories.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    never drink anything that say diet its full of artificial sweeteners and its really bad for you anthing made with sweeteners actually causes you to put weight on and store more fat, it sends insulin through you body that then turns to fat you may aswell just have normal coke and enjoy it

I think most of these studies have been largely discredited.
  • Jblang15
    Jblang15 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You also have Canadian beer which has only 67 cal and very good. Nice blond!
  • speedw1875
    speedw1875 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    On a Party night its good to go with an Egg for breakfast, an apple for lunch save up those calories

For drink I Like Bacardi Light And Diet -Under 70 Cals......... Miller 64 w/Lime (labatt makes a 52 calories beer, it's hard to find at bars)...... Watch those Micro Brews, Fried appetizers. and leftovers in the fridge when you get home. Those can kick your butt when your not suspecting. If you thought the walk of shame was embarrassing in college, try typing all that crap into your MFP diary the next morning.

Party on!
  • Empots88
    Empots88 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Vodka and a diet mixer is the lowest cal alcoholic drink. Avoid wine, beer and alcopops.
  • dianeellen2
    dianeellen2 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Save as many calories from the day as possible, do more exercise than normal, have vodka (or any white spirit) and diet mixer or wine mixed with diet lemondae (makes a nice long drink and you can get away with having very little wine in the mix and still taste) and enjoy yourself - remember dieting is a marathon not a sprint. You need a diet you can live with not one you will resent!