Sleeping Late

osram34
osram34 Posts: 54
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
im back with my random questions LOL. so i work part time and my schedule is krazy at times. Im still in school which just adds to the constant search for time to go to the gym. Then when i have days off i wake up fairly late. I was wondering if too much sleep will decrease the calories burned (without exercise) that day. Now i feel that if i sleep late my body is really not burning the calories it should???

Replies

• jrevels86
    jrevels86 Posts: 13
    I'd say you need to get up and get going cuz! Probably, the more you sleep in, the less calories you burn.
  • TwentyTen
    TwentyTen Posts: 585
    The only time I can catch up on my sleep is Saturdays. It is the one day a week I have a hard time reaching my calorie goal, especially after adding in the exercise calories. So I have wondered this as well.
  • Yeah I've been wondering this too... I sleep until around 1 on saturdays because I work so much
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    How much sleep do you get? 7-8 hours per night is recommended. Not getting enough sleep is another risk factor for weight gain :sad: That thought keeps me up at night...
  • LOL!
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    I too am a lover of sleep. Could just lay in bed and drink it in. Without an alarm I can go for 10+ hours at a stretch.
This discussion has been closed.