Exercise and large boobs

Options
13»

Replies

• horsesandhipbones
    Options
    Thanks everyone - I'm in the UK, so Bravissimo is my 'go-to' bra shop! Also, a UK 28J is (rather embarrassingly) a 28M in the US, and my underbust is 26" with a 42" overbust. I get a fair bit of back pain, and would consider a reduction in the future, but as I'm only 19, my doctor says I should wait until I'm at least 21.
  • calisunrise
    Options
    bit random, but i'm not going to lie. sometimes i wish i had that problem
  • jeningrey
    Options
    Trust me, you really don't, calisunrise. I thought I had it tough with a DD. I've never even heard of JJ! DD is painful enough. Even if I'm just running up the stairs at home, I have to hold my chest. The bouncing is really quite painful. And I get horrible back/shoulder pain. I can't even imagine what the OP is going through.

Plus, you can never buy clothes to fit. I always have to buy dresses to fit my chest, and then get them taken in everywhere else. That can get really expensive. And I always feel like they're suffocating me when I lie down (if not wearing a bra).

It's really not a fun problem to have. I'd totally get a reduction, but the last time I got a quote, it was $11k (more than an enlargement!!), and I just can't justify that.

I'm always jealous of my sister - she got the B cups.
  • Annieapple12
    Annieapple12 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I am 32F and I wear a shock absorber over a normal bra.
  • wcasie
    wcasie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    bump
  • horsesandhipbones
    Options
    Trust me, you really don't, calisunrise. I thought I had it tough with a DD. I've never even heard of JJ! DD is painful enough. Even if I'm just running up the stairs at home, I have to hold my chest. The bouncing is really quite painful. And I get horrible back/shoulder pain. I can't even imagine what the OP is going through.

Plus, you can never buy clothes to fit. I always have to buy dresses to fit my chest, and then get them taken in everywhere else. That can get really expensive. And I always feel like they're suffocating me when I lie down (if not wearing a bra).

It's really not a fun problem to have. I'd totally get a reduction, but the last time I got a quote, it was $11k (more than an enlargement!!), and I just can't justify that.

I'm always jealous of my sister - she got the B cups.

Thank you so much for your support :) I'm always holding my chest when I run up the stairs - my family think it's hilarious! x
  • Elphaba91
    Elphaba91 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm a G cup and wear 2 bras when exercising - a sports one then a normal one (although I think I might get a good sports crop top to replace the second as I think it'll look better and be more comfy than double underwire!). It really does help - I can even do jumping jacks!
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone - I'm in the UK, so Bravissimo is my 'go-to' bra shop! Also, a UK 28J is (rather embarrassingly) a 28M in the US, and my underbust is 26" with a 42" overbust. I get a fair bit of back pain, and would consider a reduction in the future, but as I'm only 19, my doctor says I should wait until I'm at least 21.

I'm in the UK too. I find ebay can be quite good if you know exactly what you want, and LessBounce.com is good for sports bras (but not particularly cheap unless you buy the sale bras). The reviews on LessBounce are very useful.

edit ... If your underbust is 26" you might find that for some makes you want to have that as your actual bra size. You'd go up on the cup, so would try a 26JJ or 26K. But I realise that just makes it even more difficult to find bras!
  • horsesandhipbones
    Options

I'm in the UK too. I find ebay can be quite good if you know exactly what you want, and LessBounce.com is good for sports bras (but not particularly cheap unless you buy the sale bras). The reviews on LessBounce are very useful.

edit ... If your underbust is 26" you might find that for some makes you want to have that as your actual bra size. You'd go up on the cup, so would try a 26JJ or 26K. But I realise that just makes it even more difficult to find bras!

Thank you :) If 26K bras exsisted I'd deinitely try one, but sadly I've never been able to find any x
  • ThereOnceWasAUnionMaid
    Options
    I'm a 32F so I sort of understand your pain :) What I end up doing is wearing a full coverage bra that crosses in the back, then a very tight sports bra and then a tight workout shirt. But I still have a lot of bounce. I don't run, but you might try doubling or tripling up on various kinds of bras/supportive tops.