Very discouraged

Options
124»

Replies

• Me48Plus2
    Options
    ROFL, not to laugh at new people, but they just don't get it. I lost 30 pounds in two months, and then despite my caloric reduction and exercise I stayed near 180 for almost 45 days! Talk about stick-to-it-iveness!

This is a marathon, not a sprint. While it would be nice to have constant reassurance from the scale that you are on the right track and making progress, we are talking about WEIGHT, which is the total weight of everything you have eaten, your bones, your muscles, and your fat. As we drop fat our bodies like to retain water. As we train muscles our bodies like to retain even MORE water.

Do this, go fill a gallon jug with water and weigh yourself holding the jug, and then not holding the jug. One gallon of water weighs 8 pounds.

You aren't going to get a beach body in a month or two, and those 90 day transformations you see show people who were "soft" building their muscles to look "hard".

You've been at it a week, why stop now? You've put in a week's worth of calorie cutting.. keep going!!
    [/quote

Well I am definitely not new to this ---- 25 years I've been doing this. Only difference is now I'm counting calories and using the scale.
  • weestinger
    Options
    1200 is not alot of calories to work with, if your body is not getting what it needs then it goes into panic mode and stores and keeps what it can hold on to. Check your exercise routine and mix it up a bit. If your body gets used to the same workout every time it goes into hybernation mode. Dont give up!!!:flowerforyou:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Well I am definitely not new to this ---- 25 years I've been doing this. Only difference is now I'm counting calories and using the scale.

HAHAHAHAHA!!! sorry im going to hell - but that was freaking funny :(
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    1200 is not alot of calories to work with, if your body is not getting what it needs then it goes into panic mode and stores and keeps what it can hold on to. Check your exercise routine and mix it up a bit. If your body gets used to the same workout every time it goes into hybernation mode. Dont give up!!!:flowerforyou:

tumblr_mg6stem2sR1qb1g04o10_r1_250.gif
  • stanthemovieman
    Options
    I've been told the body needs time to adjust to its new condition of being in somewhat better shape and the adjustment of your body's chemical make up. Give yourself time and keep up your diet and exercise. Your body will catch up. Also, don't weigh every day. Once a week is plenty. My day is Tuesday mornings as soon as I get up before I eat breakfast.
  • Sirref0275
    Sirref0275 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Sounds like good advice
    Steve
  • Sirref0275
    Options
    Awsome reply
    Steve
  • Sirref0275
    Options
    Good advise
    Steve
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    What are your exercises and estimates of cals burned?

Go back and double check the accuracy of calories burned in exercise. Many people inadvertently over estimate it, or realy on inaccurate estimates.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Between my calorie intake and exercise, I am under what I am allowed and still not losing. 1200 calories is not alot of food :sad:
    How do I keep from getting more discouraged ?

Did you set your goal to lose 2 pounds per week? If so, set it to 1 pound. Since you only have 22 pounds to lose, you won't lose it as fast as someone needing to lose a lot more, and you probably don't need to be eating as low as 1200.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    "although I would take the time to do the work on Fit2Fat to get an accurate BF %"

First of all, thank you for posting this. Where can I find this exactly? I am trying to understand what BMR and TDEE are but I don't even know my BMI yet :) HELP please! I really need to figure this out now that I am serious about losing this weight. I am 5'3 and weigh 245 lbs. I have been working out doing HIIT cardio intervals on the elliptical for 25-30 mins a day. 5 days a week. I am seeing LITTLE results...my calorie intake says it should be 1750 on here, but I need to find my 'sweet spot' where I will start to lose weight. I have been under this most days, I should mention, even though I feel like I am eating all the time b/c I am trying to eat more often throughout the day instead of 2 larger meals- something I NEVER did before now....long story short- I feel like I have been working my butt off and getting no where...possible muscle gain?? THANK YOU for anyone who can offer advice.:flowerforyou:

BMI is not an important number to know. TDEE is the most important number to know. Very doubtful you gained muscle, you would have to be eating a lot more calories to build muscle, you can't build it at a calorie deficit. Any gains is probably water weight.
  • starfish475
    Options
    Hey,,,read your post....Stay in gratitude ...Thank the Universe for giving you the motivation to organize and track your eatting..be thankful for everything in life and there will be an energy shift...Let go and be thankful:smile: and cheer up