Pedometer Tracking

Options
Eve23
Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
I know there are a few other people here who use their pedometers everyday. I keep a note on my excercise journal where I am at with steps and such. I was wondering if anyone else would like to keep track on the posts and motivate each other to do more. Just a thought. Let me know what you think.

Replies

• Eve23
    Options
    I know there are a few other people here who use their pedometers everyday. I keep a note on my excercise journal where I am at with steps and such. I was wondering if anyone else would like to keep track on the posts and motivate each other to do more. Just a thought. Let me know what you think.
  • izzyrut
    Options
    Yes i would be keen to record steps for each day
  • 2bw8free
    Options
    I wear my pedometer every day, it helps to keep me honest but it would be great to keep track on the website
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    eve,

GR8 idea! I am ordering one on Amazon, since you gave me the info on it on another post. I'd be willing to post.

~cheryl
  • sueann723
    Options
    Hey everyone, I understand that if you track 10,000 steps you should lose weight with of course the eating right. So how do you think we could track that on here, if we made sure to walk the 10 thousand steps (of course in one day haha) as an excerise tool.

Any suggestions....
  • wavenwink
    Options
    Hey, its me. 10,000 steps are you crazy, LOL well, I'm glad your on here. Love ya
  • Eve23
    Options
    Well I am not sure how we should track them if we should put them into posts or if we should just keep track on our excercise journal then do a once a week total or something. I know my steps vary and I don't always make that 10,000 steps a day. But I am glad I am not alone on thinking it would be a great way to stay motivated.

Eve
  • izzyrut
    Options
    Tracking is a great idea, it would keep alot of people motivated to walk the 10,000 steps each day
  • izzyrut
    Options
    A way of tracking it on this site would be to start up a neew topic named maybe 10,000 losing weight steps or something similar easy to find. Enter thye new topic and reply each day with the total steps you have done for the previous day.
  • izzyrut
    Options
    I started a topic named...10,000 steps to losing weight, if you want to record your steps on there thatd be awesome.It is under Fitness and Exercise.
  • charley078
    charley078 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    that sounds great,I wear my pedometer/ calorie counter everyday and I luv it, but i notice that the bigger my clothes get, it doesn't keep an accurate count
  • Eve23
    Options
    I have noticed that also charley. But we should celebrate as that is the goal we are after. :)

Keep up the good work. Currently I am fighting a lung infection off. But as soon as I am up and going again I will be on more.

Eve
  • dragonfly183
    dragonfly183 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    make sure you spend the money and get a good one. I bought a really cheap one and it counted 3 steps for ever step because it was shaking on my belt loop.
  • deborah123
    deborah123 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I count steps most of the time, do you add it to your exercise times, and is so how many calories?
  • Eve23
    Options
    I have done it both ways. When I began I put in sedentary for my activity level and tracked all my activity. Including the steps I took in a normal day. I took the calories from the pedometer because it is set to my weight and my step length.

Now I have put my activity level at lightly active. I only count the aerobic steps that I do and the time I spend doing them. This I can use either the calories on my pedometer if I am only wearing it for my aerobic walk or if I have been wearing it all day I use the calories online.