Day before a weigh in

Options
Does anyone do anything different the day before their weigh in? Less water, more exercise, less calories, etc? Has it worked?

I feel like I should treat it like every other day but I also think if I drink as much water as normal that I'll weigh more?

Replies

• teaspoon43
    teaspoon43 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    bump
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    You aren't fooling your body by trying to do something different the day before a weigh in. If you made good choices all week, then you are good to go. Chugging water, extra work outs, etc. right before the weight in won't matter in the long haul if you are treating it as the equivalent of cramming for an exam. Do your best with eating and exercise every day and you will eventually get the results you want!
  • jrhodo
    jrhodo Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning without clothes on and before drinking anything. If you're so stressed about weigh in day, maybe you should do it everyday and forget it. When I was younger I could predict my period because I would gain 3-5 pounds.
  • teaspoon43
    teaspoon43 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I was thinking the same thing. Just conflicting when you see "Last Chance Workouts" on the Biggest Loser the day of their weigh-in. I know it's TV but I just got me thinking.

Today will be a normal day for me!
  • remisenforme
    remisenforme Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    In the end, it doesn't matter if you do any sort of "last chance" thing before weighing yourself because you'll be that much farther behind the next time you weigh yourself. I figure, it's almost like fooling yourself if you're trying to do those things. It's not the one weigh-in that matters, it's keeping it up over time :)
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    It's your life not a game show. You weigh what you weigh. Until the scale starts handing out $250,000 I'd just get weighed once a week and watch for a downward trend rather than stress about a particular number.
  • Abbdul
    Abbdul Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    i drink water half an hour before weighing in.. waterless body obviously shows less weight but that not ur actual weight
  • NanzyBoek
    NanzyBoek Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I donate blood and get my hair cut.
    ROFL
  • evdenapoli
    evdenapoli Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I was thinking the same thing. Just conflicting when you see "Last Chance Workouts" on the Biggest Loser the day of their weigh-in. I know it's TV but I just got me thinking.

Today will be a normal day for me!

OMG I thought the same thing when they kept saying "last chance work outs" lol
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Nothing special. I think if you get stuck in that kind of mindset it will leave you open to things like overeating on the days right after your weigh in and then restricting before. Not a good cycle.
  • Webbygail
    Webbygail Posts: 116
    Options
    I donate blood and get my hair cut.
    ROFL

LOL thanks for the laff.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Today was my weigh in day. Yesterday I didn't plan properly so ate a bit of junk and went over my calories. Only thing I did right was my water intake.

Lost 1.8kg today.

It's your week in general, not one day that will make a difference.
  • scrapscot
    scrapscot Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Nope...I weigh first thing in the morning so nothing I can do to "fool" my body! Tuesday is weigh-in day for me and it's also dr appointment (well woman's exam), so hoping I have a good "reading".
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    About a week before my weigh in day I really watch my sodium intake so I don't have water weight to think about. I only weigh in once a month.
  • aryya
    aryya Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every monday morning before eating/drinking anything. I will not have a heavy carb dinner (generally speaking) the night before, and make sure to keep my sodium in check, otherwise i will weigh more due to water retention.
  • uhl3357
    Options
    It's your life not a game show. You weigh what you weigh. Until the scale starts handing out $250,000 I'd just get weighed once a week and watch for a downward trend rather than stress about a particular number.
    Love this, because the scale and the number can really be obsessive at times. The scale is just a small tool in weight loss.
  • Allup2Me78
    Allup2Me78 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    TRUE!
    Today was my weigh in day. Yesterday I didn't plan properly so ate a bit of junk and went over my calories. Only thing I did right was my water intake.

Lost 1.8kg today.

It's your week in general, not one day that will make a difference.
  • mdhummel
    mdhummel Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Drinking less water is counterproductive. You'll just retain water and gain weight.

Drink lots of water and eat potassium rich foods such as low-fat yogurt, fish, or bananas. If this week's numbers are up don't get discouraged. Just try harder next week!