Good Yoga DVD?

Options
Can anyone suggest a good yoga DVD? I can't afford to go to a studio and the free classes at my gym are at times I cannot go. I would like to do it at home because I am so inflexible and stiff! I would appreciate any recommendations.
Thanks!

Replies

• JKing727
    Options
    Honestly - I am not a fan of Yoga but I do WANT to like it,... so i have bought a few DVD's. Literally the only one that I like it Deepak Chopra and Tara Stiles - Yoga Transformation - Strength and Energy. It is 50 minutes so kind of long but it is GREAT!

I actually just did part of it this morning (did not have 50 minutes to spend on it)
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Rodney Yee has many good ones.

Patricia Walden's "Yoga for Beginners" is a good place to start as well.
  • Iwant2b140
    Iwant2b140 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yoga Meltdown by Jillian Micheals is good. Gives you the Yoga poses and stretches plus adds a bit of fat burning without cardio. Just did it last night to loosen up from her 30 day shred DVD that I have been doing.
  • jallison12
    Options
    There are also tons of free video's on YouTube. Search "yoga beginner" and you will get pages and pages of hits.

If you have particular area's you want to focus on include that. "Yoga lower back", "yoga hips" etc. Once you click with one particular presenter you can see if they have a DVD or a download.
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I love Yoga X, which is part of P90X.
  • lmkaks
    lmkaks Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    This is great! Thank you. I can see it through my BluRay : )
  • lmkaks
    lmkaks Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    This sounds like something I would enjoy. Thanks!
  • themutineer
    themutineer Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Rodney Yee AM Yoga is great for beginners (5 20min sequences on 1 disc)

Kathryn Budig's Aim True is great for toning up and a favorite (25min and 60min practice on 1 disc)

Yoga Meltdown is a hardcore workout (Level 1&2, 25min each on 1 disc)

YogaGlo.com is a great website that works much like Netflix that provides literally hundreds of yoga and meditation classes (and even intensives!) at a low monthly rate, and features a lot of wonderful well-known teachers from around the World.
  • fatyoga
    fatyoga Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Better Sex through Yoga. It is a 3 DVD set ranging from beginner (35 min.), intermediate (40 min.), and advanced (50 min.). The advanced version is probably more along the line of intermediate. Good workouts but the sound quality is not great.
  • BeautyAndStrength50
    BeautyAndStrength50 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Try Toni Horton P90X Yoga.. Its amazing. 90 minute workout and I love it. Makes you sweat and very challenging.