FRUSTRATED

Options
ok, so why is it that when I stick to my calories for the day and you end your diary for that day, it will say eat everyday like today and be "this" weight in 5 weeks....THEN, you do your diary for the next day, close it out (stay within your calories) and it's up like a pound or 2 from the day before....why is that??? if you are staying within your calories, wouldn't it either stay the same OR go down? This is really frustrating me, it's making me want to just give up!

Replies

• scottelle
    scottelle Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I agree! I noticed the same thing and it is quite frustrating!! :(
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Don't believe it.

It's a GUESS, no one will have the same days for weeks on end; there's no way I'm eating the same thing, getting the same calories, fat, protein, etc as well as working out the exact same. It's a guess, nothing that has ever lived up to itself since I started :laugh: Don't let it frustrate you or give up
  • ToriaStitch
    ToriaStitch Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm the same, I've just given up looking at it, try and keep positive :)
  • alimarie53
    alimarie53 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Are you adding exercise too?

Maybe it configures the types of foods you are eating. Does your calculate fat, carbs and proteins too?
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    It's because the 5-week weight difference is based on the defecit / surplus of just THAT DAY. It doesn't take into account for any other day's results. Most of us likely don't have the same defecit each day, so the 5-week weight will be different each time.
  • kickers19
    kickers19 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I also wondered this, than looking at my food choices, they're different everyday. So What I think is happening is say you eat two pieces of toast the first day, but none the next and eat just an egg for breakfast. Its different specs. So it tallies up the protein, sugar ect for the day and estimates your weight loss. Hope this makes sense.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Are you also burning the same amount of calories? Mine is different everyday depending on how many calories I consume, how many I burn and how many burned calories I eat back. I never pay it any attention since I am never at the weight it estimates I should be in 5 weeks...no where close.
  • cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    It's just a number based on another number that you put in when you setup mfp. If you want to see it say you will weigh less, then put in a higher daily allowance.
    All the mfp calculator knows is if you ate below the number you put in it, It doesn't know if that number is right for you.
    That's why I always recommend people find their TDEE and put that in the mfp app and just shoot to stay below that and above their bmr.
    Don't sweat/trust the mfp app estimated weight when you finish your diary.
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    It's a mathematical calculation that's done DAILY, based on what you entered.

If yesterday you ate 1600 calories' worth of food, it calculates that if you eat 1600 calories a day for the next few weeks, you'd be X weight.

If today you ate 1800 calories' worth of food, it calculates that if you eat 1800 calories a day for the next few weeks, you'd be Y weight. It doesn't care that you ate 1600 yesterday.