Protein Shakes

Options
2»

Replies

• kpk171
    kpk171 Posts: 1
    Options
    I like the GNC Total Lean Vanilla. I buy the powder and mix it in a blender with ice, water, a banana and ground flaxseed and I take it after I work out. Fills you up and is only 200 calories.
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I use Herbalife protein powder. 2 scoops with 8oz of either water or almond milk.
  • plynfinn
    plynfinn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Start with Herbalife or Shakeology. I like both of them although I am new to Shakeology. Start with protein bars and shakes. They are a little pricey but I think the benefits outweigh the price. I know of 2 people in both programs if you are interested. Good luck with your weight loss. You have my support here if you need it! :happy:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Start with Herbalife or Shakeology. I like both of them although I am new to Shakeology. Start with protein bars and shakes. They are a little pricey but I think the benefits outweigh the price. I know of 2 people in both programs if you are interested. Good luck with your weight loss. You have my support here if you need it! :happy:

Why start with the overpriced, MLM-marketed ones? Oh, so your friends make a commission. Got it.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Get yourself a good whey or blend protein (Myofusion, Trutein, Optimum Nutrition), mix it with water...milk...yogurt, bake with it, fluff it etc. It's much less per serving than any of that MLM stuff is. The reason it's so expensive isn't because it's any better for you but they need to make a profit off of it. Granted, the protein powders do not have the same vitamin content in them as the MLM stuff, but you could buy ALOT of vitamins with the money you'll save.
  • VeronicaAM
    Options
    I use Labrada lean SHake for her is protein but also a meal replacement tastes supergood and its 190 cal
  • lamurphy37
    Options
    I have only been on the weight loss journey for 1 week 1 day but I did try the special k breakfast shake and it actually tastes great.
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    Options

Why start with the overpriced, MLM-marketed ones? Oh, so your friends make a commission. Got it.

I bought mine on ebay for a fraction of their retail value, and they shipped directly from Herbalife. No commission made.
  • leighdiane91
    leighdiane91 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I use Body Fortress from Walmart, its cheap-ish and taste great to me. Some people will say it's not the best, which it probably isn't, but it is a great way for me to eat more protein and it kicks my evening chocolate craving. I eat 1800 calories a day, and use 1 scoop protein powder with 8 oz almond milk (60 calories), so it's roughly 200 calories. If I work out that day then I eat it after my work out. But I have it every day regardless because it keeps my hunger at bay.

Good luck and just do what you feel works for you.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I like Gaspari Nutrition - my favorite is the Cinnamon Bun!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

I bought mine on ebay for a fraction of their retail value, and they shipped directly from Herbalife. No commission made.

That is good shopping and I approve.

Still, I would nudge you to look into other, more easily purchasable ones, which are of equal or better quality.
  • TheFairyJester
    Options
    I use Body Fortress from Walmart, its cheap-ish and taste great to me. Some people will say it's not the best, which it probably isn't, but it is a great way for me to eat more protein and it kicks my evening chocolate craving. I eat 1800 calories a day, and use 1 scoop protein powder with 8 oz almond milk (60 calories), so it's roughly 200 calories. If I work out that day then I eat it after my work out. But I have it every day regardless because it keeps my hunger at bay.

Good luck and just do what you feel works for you.
    yep thats what i use. drink it almost every day for breakfast. (i am not normally a breakfast eater at all).

sometimes i take the EAS AdvantEdge shakes for lunch
  • belizsera
    belizsera Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hey there!!

Looking to add protein shakes in my diet. There's so many of them, any recommendations? Now, I don't want to "BULK" up, my focus is to loose the weight. So confused!!!!!

My favorite two brands: Lean Dessert Protein and Optimum Nutrition Whey. Both come in great flavors and mix well with water. For an on the go Protein: Muscle milk. It's got a great blend of protein, carbs and fat and is pretty filling with a banana.
  • belizsera
    belizsera Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hey there!!

Looking to add protein shakes in my diet. There's so many of them, any recommendations? Now, I don't want to "BULK" up, my focus is to loose the weight. So confused!!!!!
    Women cannot 'bulk up'.

With that clarified, I like Optimum Nutrition. I have a shake after a workout with peanut butter and half a frozen banana.

we must be kindred spirits lol. I like mine with pb and banana too mix it up with sonic ice. mmmmmmmm
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    Options

That is good shopping and I approve.

Still, I would nudge you to look into other, more easily purchasable ones, which are of equal or better quality.

I'm open to other suggestions. This way I don't have to wait 5-7 days for them to arrive.
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    GNC Total Lean shake is good.
    ISO Pure also good.
    Basicly look and think like a bariatric patience what you want to drink for your shake, if it's for weight loss/not to bulk up.