Replies

• _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Depends on what she's in the mood for.
  • tisha_rae
    tisha_rae Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Just depends – I allow myself a cheat day – so whatever the heck I want.

But – if it’s not my cheat day – I’ll order fish (not fried) and veggies - - - or something like a black bean burger, or Portobello mushroom sandwich, I eat a lot of fajitas and spicy foods, I find that it makes me more satisfied. I use to do the salad thing – but that got old, not to mention they usually aren’t as healthy as you think when you order them out.

If you’re bored with your diet – try something new.

:)
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Food and drink - in various quantities.

It depends upon the time of day and where I am with my Cals and macros and how much I give an F that day.
  • 13Jools
    13Jools Posts: 10
    Options
    If I know I am going to eat out at a restaurant or a friend's house I am careful all day to eat less. I will order chicken, fish, salad with grilled chicken on top, fresh vegies as sides, nothing fried - only grilled. If you want a steak be sure to order the smallest and just have a salad with vinaigrette. No bread, no pasta.
  • FitbeTMF
    FitbeTMF Posts: 251
    Options
    Plain chicken or fish with lemon and olive oil. Steamed plain veggies and/or sweet potatoes
  • MbiggsHFD319
    MbiggsHFD319 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I order what ever sounds good. I try to be good all week so that I can splurge on the weekends when we go out.
  • kbkinsey
    Options
    Low fat protein and veggies! I stay away from salads because I just can't eat them without drenching them in dressing or toppings that are just not good. It's payday friday lunch today, and going to a local sit down place .. salmon and broccoli for me! Lots of lemon.
  • Shal1217
    Options
    I don't go out often so when I do, I like to treat myself and order whatever I feel like eating. If I have a choice of sides, I opt for the healthier option and so on but I don't deprive myself. I usually plan ahead so I make sure that if I go out for dinner, my breakfast lunch and snacks are healthy. I treat myself in moderation. If I feel like ordering dessert then I will but I make sure not to do it often.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Whatever I awnt.. then I go to teh gym and eat healthy the rest of the time. If you really want something and deprive yourself of it, you'll just binge later and eat double the amount. be wary of salads.. sometiem tey are higher is calores and fat then the meat on the menu..

Also.. look at thewebstie where you aregoing, more and more of them are including nutritional info. Can use that as a guide.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    As a veggie there's usually only 3 or 4 options for me at a regular restaurant so I scan the menu for those and chose what I fancy. It's a much quicker process than when I had the whole menu to chose from!
  • firemanfive0
    firemanfive0 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Depending on the mood I am, is to what I order. But I usually look for a surf and turf. Small steak and grilled shrimp w/ some sort of grilled veggies (always green beans if they have them) Visiting a pub, I like to have a hamburger steak smothered w/ grilled onions...mmmmm.
  • divemunkey
    divemunkey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Meat and veggies, no sauces.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    It depends on my mood: burger, salad, fish & chips, steak, chicken, pasta . . .
  • ruthcriger
    ruthcriger Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Salad with grilled meat or fish is my 'go-to' but at a nice steak place I of course get a steak with veggies. If the portions are large I try to bring half home for another meal. At a pub don't be afraid to ask for a burger 'bunless'. Some places will even fancy it up and serve it on a lettuce leaf with extra veggies. More and more people are low carbing so this is getting more common and you wont miss the bun. Good luck!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    If I'm being a good girl I'll opt for grilled chicken, veggies/ or salad, and baked potato with cottage cheese. If it's a 'cheat' night I order what ever strikes my fancy....along with a martini or two :drinker:
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do healthier, grilled chicken and steamed veggies, etc. from time to time I go all out with Fish and Chips and dessert. Normally I got for a lean meat (grilled chicken or salmon).
    I guess the place we to,to most often are Panera and Skyline Chili or Steak &Shake
    At Panera I get a salad (whatever they have with grilled chicken and fruit!) or soap and Sandwich. Usually black bean or French Onion with half a Turkey Sandwich

At Skyline Chili get their black beans and rice. Sometimes, when I have more calories or whatnot, I get the Buffalo Chicken Wrap.

Steak and Shake- I get a turkey melt or just soup. It doesn't have a lot of option I like.
  • NakedLunchTime
    Options
    Usually anything that sounds good at the time, but if I go to Cracker Barrell, it's chicken and dumplings hands down.:tongue:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    This thread is depressing
  • vickilm1976
    vickilm1976 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I don't usually eat out more than once a week, so I generally order a bacon cheeseburger with fries and a side of beer.
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    If I'm really trying to watch what I eat carefully, I don't eat out; there are too many factors and how do I know that the people preparing my food are actually measuring things or following my specific requests for no oil, etc.?

In that vein, if I'm going out to eat it's because I'm NOT counting calories; I eat whatever the F looks good! :D If I were going to a pub like the OP, I'd be sampling several beers/hard ciders, getting whatever looks amazing on them menu (hopefully it has some sort of fries with it) and then dessert if they have it!