Getting started

Options
Hi everyone!

Last year, I joined this community to find support in my journey to get in shape. I am thin and am not looking to lose weight. Rather, I am looking to eat healthy (not snacking all day), and exercise more. I haven't done any physical activity, besides walking, in over 6 months.

I recently broke my ankle and was out of commission for almost 3 months. I used this as an excuse to slack off, and all of my healthy eating habits went out the window. I am working to get back on track, but I am having a hard time getting started!

The eating part isn't as hard. I enjoy cooking, and will make a meal for myself separate from my family. It's the exercising I have the hardest time with. I don't even know where to start. I got some exercise DVDs from the library, but make every excuse not to do them. I have thought about joining a gym, but I can't see myself actually making the time to go.

I am just looking for ways to get motivated! Thank you.

Replies

• slboling
    slboling Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    While we are here for completely different reasons, our goal is the same. We both want to be healthier. You have to be able to envision what healthier means to you. That way you can work toward a goal. To just say I want to feel better can be discouraging because even healthy people feel bad someday. When you find your "why", then the rest is just putting in the effort. Good luck.