Just before turning 40...

Options
Hi,
I'm trying to lose weight because I should have done it before turning 30 and I don't want to be here again in 9 more years. I hate to cook and exercise, I love to eat and read which is why I'm a size 12 instead of 4.

Replies

• janeoconnell71
    janeoconnell71 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    this sounds like me too, i am 38, 39 later this year and i want to get motivated and loose this weight once and for all, i am not big on exercise but i have started walking and really enjoy it, i know it will be key to me getting fit and being the weight i want to be.
    i am a mum to 4, a boy 17 and 3 girls ages 12, 9 and 7, good luck with getting to your goal :)
  • llpaq
    llpaq Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm 39 too and I love to eat and read too- and NEED to be a size 9/10 not a 13/14 so we can support each other! :) Time to get Fit for Forty!!! :happy:
  • redwingsfan6712
    redwingsfan6712 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I just turned 40 in September. I've lost 115lbs from Jan 2011 through June of 2012 and got married. I put on about 25lbs from June till now since I had my teenage daughter in town and we ate out a lot. Now, I'm back to eating better and trying to get the last 30lbs off so MAYBE I can get into a bikini this summer prior to turning 41.

Would love to meet some new friends and get some support and recipe ideas!
  • Nayita9
    Options
    Hi there, I'm 43 mother to 5 put on weight and lost it too many times, now I need to have to lose it once and for all. My back is starting to hurt at in the evening. I weight approx 95kgs, need to lose at least 25. Have started the south beach diet, I'm on day 4 and feeling light headed. If you have menus for this diet I'll be delighted that you could share them with me.
    Cheers