Making my own routine

pcbta
pcbta Posts: 227
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Starting next week, I'm going to make up my own weekly routines. I have done p90x for one month now. I like it. I like most of it. I dont' find it near as intense as "making the cut" by Jillian, so I find myself trying to add intensity to it.
I dont' do plyometrics, as I have foot arch issues...so I'm sure that would add intensity. and I detest yoga...SOOO I've decided to take the workouts I love, do them a few days of the week, and take "making the cut" moves which are intense for the other workouts.
I will probably still do a t-tapp workout one day of the week. it is isometrics, and VERY good for the back and core muscles...

I also think I will change things up each week...plan a different workout for each day. I really think that, for me, this is a good idea and something I will enjoy and not get tired of.

any thoughts?
ps...please no negative thoughts. my last post topic didn't turn out very nice.

Cindy

Replies

• stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Unless you're training for something very specific in terms of rate of force production, I'd avoid plyometrics anyhow... so glad to hear you can't do them.

I wish these mass marketed, prepackaged workouts wouldn't include them in their products. It's a disservice to the consumer base.
This discussion has been closed.