Excited to be a part of the MFP family!!!

Options
I'm Sarah! I'm 26 years old from Memphis, TN. In December of 2011, I was feeling very down about my weight and was at my heaviest. I weighed in the weekend before Christmas at 262 lbs. I vowed to change THEN, even with the holiday coming.

I lost about 30 pounds on my own before getting hooked up w/ a personal trainer in May. She is now EVERYTHING to me!!!! I would be so lost w/o her.

I've been working w/ her for about 7 months now. I've only lost another 25 pounds because I just haven't had the fire like I did in the beginning. But I can feel it coming back now...and it's so much fun!!!

If I've learned anything, it's that slow and steady really does win the race! I'm doing this solely for myself, so as frustrating as it can often be, i'm not up against a deadline.

Hope I can help someone out there find motivation and inspiration, and hopefully some of y'all can do the same for me!!

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Replies

• bthumudo
    bthumudo Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Great job and keep it up! We all hit those little bumps in the road but it's important to stay focused and keep on keepin on. You have the right attitude which is huge. You won't be sorry!
  • jahall76
    jahall76 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    HI and welcome to MFP! You will love this place. Full of great support and lots of information. Feel free to add me. Good luck!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    It'll pass
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    MFP is a very dysfunctional family

And our parents have some kind of split personality disorder
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    You've done a great job & your excitement is catchy !

Feel free to add me ....... we're (mostly) all here to support & motivate one another :drinker: