Other Must Have Phone Apps

Options
I am wondering what other apps are you using to assist in staying fit. I have an iphone and i use the following along with MFP:

Workouts: I love this app for it gives you workout routines that you can do at home without ANY weights or machines. Really great cardio, and most of them are based off HIIT and Tabata.

Seconds Pro: I use this when i am creating my very own workout routines, or if i want to adjust the timers to my skills set or liking. This has multiple timers that you can adjust as well as some examples to follow. Really good if you are looking to burn some calories doing circuit training, HIIT, Tabata, or just plan running.

I am not advertising these in any way, i am just wanting to hear from others what apps you all are using to assisit is whatever goals you have set for yourselves. Please Share!

Replies

• Brendajo510
    Options
    C25K
    RunKeeper
    Those are my top 2.
    I bought Zombies, Run! but I have yet to use it.
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I have My Tracks, which is basically a GPS for walking and running. It will tell you how far you went, average speed, fastest speed, altitude change and how long it took. It will also map your course. I'm not a runner, but I find it interesting when I walk to see that stuff.
    I bought Zombies, Run! but I have yet to use it.

Ok, I have to look that one up!
  • warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Endomondo and MFP are my two must-have apps :) Looking forward to seeing what else is recommended !
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    endomondo with mfp, for cycling.
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Fit Builder for my workouts and logging
    MapMyRide for riding
    MapMyRun for running
    MayMyWalk for long walks
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Jefit for tracking lifting
    My Tracks for tracking running/cycling/walking
    Spotify for music
    FitRadio for music
    HIIT Timer for timed workouts
  • liittlesparrow
    liittlesparrow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I have Daily Butt/Ab/Cardio/Arm Workout (all seperate apps)
    Fooducate, but I mostly use that for fun
    Zombies, Run! (have yet to use it because it's been frikkin COLD)
    My Diet Coach (I use it for the reminder notification they have)

And that's about it :)
  • 1Fizzle
    1Fizzle Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I also agree with Jefit (best workout app out)
    Stronglifts,
    C25K
    Meal Idea (neat for healthy recipes)
    FreeMusic (get any type of music free w/o iTunes) this is a must have!
    MapMyRun+
  • neilvv
    neilvv Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Nike+ for jogging is great.
  • Catlady87
    Catlady87 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I am wondering what other apps are you using to assist in staying fit. I have an iphone and i use the following along with MFP:

Workouts: I love this app for it gives you workout routines that you can do at home without ANY weights or machines. Really great cardio, and most of them are based off HIIT and Tabata.

Which of the apps do you use? Ive just had a look on the App Store and there's a general one and ones for different areas.
    They look quite good.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Use reguarly:
    MFP
    Nike+
    Nike Training Club
    Runkeeper

Used in the past:
    c25kFREE (finished)
    10k Trainer (finished)
    100 Pushups (got sidetracked :tongue: )
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Ok, a huge thank you for suggesting Zombies, Run! I am LOVING it!!! I did two missions yesterday and I'm going to do one tonight before Pump Up class because it is just that much fun. I was a little worried it would be cheesy, but it's really not. It's just plain fun. And the zombie groans right in your ears really helps to get the heart rate up! XD

Oh, and do I get extra points for doing a mission after dark, in January, in MN, in an empty (and dark!) park when it's icy? Because that was freaky! At one point, I looked up and saw something moving. I about had a heart attack! Turns out, it was one of those flags the utility company puts down to mark buried pipes and wires. LOL The last thing my 9 yo daughter said before I left the house was "don't get bitten, and if you do, don't come back here!"
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    Ismooth run (integrated with runkeeper)
    heart rate (uses camera to take resting HR in the AM )
    Foducate
    Zombies Run
    Sleep Cycle (Integrated with runkeeper)
    Fitocracy
  • Jem_Girl
    Jem_Girl Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Oh, and do I get extra points for doing a mission after dark, in January, in MN, in an empty (and dark!) park when it's icy? Because that was freaky! At one point, I looked up and saw something moving. I about had a heart attack! Turns out, it was one of those flags the utility company puts down to mark buried pipes and wires. LOL The last thing my 9 yo daughter said before I left the house was "don't get bitten, and if you do, don't come back here!"
    Hah! What a great recommendation. I have the app but, because I usually run inside and I don't think running on a treadmill will get me further from zombies, I haven't tried it.