Obsessing about the daily nutrition summary

Options
2»

Replies

• lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Depending on what your goals are, you should change your macro settings. MFP defaults are low for protein. You should not limit protein, especially when/if you are in a calorie deficit. You could set it up using 35% carbs, 25% fats and 40% protein. Also, sugar is something that you need not pay attention to unless you have some type of medical issue regarding this. Consider your source as well. Fruit, veggies and dairy will always send me over sugar levels that MFP sets up. You can take it off of the diary listing so that you don't see it anymore.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets
  • PaveGurl
    PaveGurl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    the default macros are not right for everyone - you can adjust your macros to be more in line with your personal and recommended needs. You can do this by going to My Home > Goals> Change Goals> CUSTOM.

For example, I reduce my carb-load significantly because I'm gluten- and grain-free. I increase my protein because my doctor recomends that I get 1g for each pound of lean body mass, and I cut my sugars to about 30g/ day (which is the max RDA suggestion, actually - and I include fruits in that).

I'm currently at 20% carb, 40% each protein and fat (non-processed vegetable fats, specifically, like coconut oil), because that is what works for my and my doctor says is OK. (My BP and all blood work are within acceptable ranges and have improved since I began, for those who are concerned about such things for strangers :) )
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I really don't watch much of anything except my calories. Personaly, I'd go nuts if I tried to keep EVERYTHING under like sodium, too radical for me. If my calories are under, my carbs usually are so I'm happy. It just depends on what works best for you. Watching only my cals is enough for me and it's having the desired results. Don't obsess.
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    My protein usually goes over (as does my sugar), but my calcium intake has been way, way under. So I'm staying at or under my calorie count and right now working on getting more dietary calcium (I'm also adding a supplement).
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Calories are king!

I'm always over on sodium and sugar, but .... ehhh. No biggie.