stress is the devil

Options
So, I'm really stressed right now. I'm a band director and our festival is next Friday (we get rated by judges and it's published for the whole state to see). It took me forever to get my times for the festival from the guy running it (ever heard of answering an email?). Also, my school system is looking at budget cuts, music is on the table and my husband and I are both music teachers. I think the stress finally won a battle over me.
I was being good today and I came home after a faculty meeting instead of going to the gym after school. Big mistake. I ate my weight in chocolate and gummi bears (not really, but 500 empty calories are a lot to me). I went to the gym after all this and felt sick the whole time. I still feel really gross. Bleh......
I have not had a crazy binge like that in a long time (I've been on this journey for 3 years). It reminds me of how I got overweight in the first place.
On a positive note, I will think twice before having sugary goodness again. I feel so gross. I'll probably be up 2 pounds tomorrow (my body does some freaky things).
Just wanted to share how stress took a toll on me. Don't let it get to you. I'm gonna try deep breathing next time. Tomorrow's a new day :smile:

Replies

• CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your struggle with us, stang. I've been dealing with some severe stress recently myself, and it does make things hard, even just to focus on your well-being. Tomorrow IS a new day, you'll make up for that little binge and be fine!