XP: Why am I not losing inches

Options
I've lost 15-16lbs since I started back in May. I honestly have very little left to lose. In fact, I'm ok if I don't lose anymore weight as I really want to gain muscle and strength and LOSE INCHES. Particularly off my hips and butt. I am currently eating at a very slight deficit.

I eat 1400-1500 calories per day. I eat clean 90% of the time.
I workout 3-5 times per week and eat back my exercise calories.
I'm constantly changing my workout routines to keep my body guessing.
I've been doing Body Pump but also squats & dead lifts on my own with free weights.
I've been patient knowing that the last little bit takes the longest....until now.

I took my measurements on 9/29. Since then the weight on the scale has fluctuated within 3lbs of each other. Haven't lost anymore than that, haven't gained anymore than that.

Just took my measurements again and every.single.one is the exact same as it was in September. Not a 1/4" smaller. Took pics and again look exactly the same. Trust me when I say I have inches to lose on my hips so why isn't it coming off??

ETA: I NEED to lose 2 inches off my hips before the end of April. I have a wedding dress to fit into that I currently don't fit into at the hips (and cannot be let out anymore than it is). I know I could drop my calories to 1200, stop working out so I don't have any extra water weight hanging on but we all know that's not healthy and doesn't fit into my long term goals.

Replies

• goldfish29
    goldfish29 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cyberiarob
    cyberiarob Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of in the same boat, so I researched it a little a while back. Apparently for some people the first fat to go is visceral fat (the deep down fat around your organs) instead of subcutaneous fat (the fat right below your skin). You just need to keep at it until it's all gone I guess.