Self Esteem Boost?

Options
Hello guys,

I've suffered from a nasty stomach bug lately and I had time to ponder.

Ever time I look at myself in the mirror I am disgusted by what I see. Others around me compliment that I've lost weight, my boyfriend always says I am sexy but I don't see it when I look into that look glass.

My question is this, when will I see myself as beautiful? when will I stop seeing all the flaws in myself and cry? I want to love myself I really do, this is why I am losing weight, to be a better me...but I just want to be able to see what they see.

anyone else having this problem?

Replies

• BellaFe
    BellaFe Posts: 323
    Options
    Yup. I only pray it will get better.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Have you tried self-affirmation? I know it sounds hinky to many people, but many people have also said that it works. I've not tried it because I'm a goddamn sexy beast and I know it (I kid).

Put a post-it on your bathroom mirror saying "I love and accept myself completely and unconditionally". Every time you look in that mirror, read it out. Do it everyday, no matter how silly you feel, and no matter what the little nasty voice in the back of your head says.

Let's face it, there's very little to lose. Best case - you get a whole knew self-image. Worst case - you wasted 30 seconds a day and maybe felt a little silly somewhere no one else could see you.