Super Sodas and Fortified Drinks aren't Healthier

Options
You've seen them on local and national supermarket shelves: Bottles of soda, juice and water touting nutritional benefits like, "added vitamins" and, "fortified with nutrients". Right?

You have to consume a LOT of sugar to get a very small amount of nutrients from those beverages. A glass of tap water and a multivitamin with zero calories and no sugar, or a Shakeology, is a better choice if you need more vitamins and minerals. If you're physically active or if you exercise regularly you need more nutrients than a sedentary person does or you'll weaken your immune system.

A bottle of Fuze Vitalize contains much more than the Recommended Daily Allowance of calcium, a potential problem for those who are prone to kidney stones or have concerns about prostate health. That's quite a health concern!

Other fortified beverages have negligible amounts of the nutrients touted on the label. "An 8 ounce serving of diet coke plus for example contains just 15 percent of the Recommended Daily Allowance amount of niacin." - American dietetic association.

Labels are fraudulent at best. You are not getting extra added nutritional benefits from drinking Super Sodas and Fortified Drinks. The very small amount of extra added vitamins and minerals in them is more than offset by the large amount of sugars. If you were to consume enough of these super drinks to fulfill your daily recommended allowance of vitamins and minerals you'd literally die of a sugar over dose and you still wouldn't even have all your complete vitamins and minerals.

If you're physically active, or if you exercise regularly, you NEED more vitamins and minerals in your daily nutrition or the extra added physical activities will weaken your immune system rather than strengthen your immune system. I have a "super sonic" like immune system. I NEVER get sick anymore and I use to get good and sick with every change of seasons like most people do.

Preaching to the Choir I'm sure,

Tom