Cod dinner idea's please!

bethinagain
bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
edited September 20 in Recipes
Just bought some cod for tomorrow nights dinner. I need some idea's, all my old ways of making this fish is full of calories. No spicy receipes please! Thanks!!

Replies

• lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    We have a George Forman wannabe and we cooked our cod and salmon on it. Just spritzed with butter spray (0 calories) and spinkled on lemon pepper seasoning. Served with Uncle Ben's Ready Rice Long Grain & Wild W/23 Herbs and Seasonings and sweet corn it was delicious and only 345 calories. Very filling - I didn't eat anything else all night!
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    place cod (or any white fish ) in foil about 2 feet long (the foil that is) top with freash sliced mushrooms totomos and green onion season with whatever you like (I like lemon and Dill) fold foil into a package and bake at 350 for about 20 mins or throw on the BBQ 10 mins per side :smile:
  • lzaida
    lzaida Posts: 2
    Hello. when i make cod fish i boil it and empty the water a couple of times repeat doing it at least tree times for ten min each after I put in lettice, tomatoes, oinions, olives avocato and what ever vegge with little of olive oil and pepper if you like and make a salad and on the side you can have sweet potatoes try it and let me know how you like it also with leftovers you can save for a sandwich with wheat bread for lunch the next day. Try it ! It really is good

Here is another one boil the cod fish for at least 10 min empty water and repeat this at least tree times after put in skillet put in oinons pepper itainan seasoning, and then tomatoe sauce just enough to cover it let simmer on low for ten mins and its all done
    sweetpotatoes and corn and your meal is ready to eat.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    My favorite is to drizzle it with olive oil, then season heavily with rosemary and garlic. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes. Simple, delicious and low calorie too.
  • confuseacat
    confuseacat Posts: 137 Member
    Sprinkle with olive oil, dried dill, garlic powder ,black pepper and sea salt. Broil in the oven till cooked through and serve with seasoned rice and steamed veg. My kids love this too.
This discussion has been closed.