Caribbean Jerk Chicken & Mango Stuffed Avocados

Options
jonesin_am
jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
A different post suggested this website: http://www.poorgirleatswell.com. I checked it out and found this recipe which sounds amazing so I thought I would share. This might be a great new easy lunch idea!

Caribbean Jerk Chicken & Mango Stuffed Avocados

Ingredients
1/3 c cider vinegar
2 large garlic cloves, chopped
2 T dark brown sugar
1 T low-sodium soy sauce
1 t dried thyme
1 t ground allspice
1 t ground cinnamon
1 t ground nutmeg
1 t ground ginger
2 t sea salt
1 t cayenne pepper
1 t black pepper
2-3 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1-2 t cooking oil

3/4 c chopped mango (fresh is preferable, but frozen is just fine)
1/2 c chopped red bell pepper
2 T lime juice
1 t honey
Salt & pepper

2 large avocados
Lime slices (optional for garnish)

Directions
1. Whisk together the first 12 ingredients until completely smooth. Place the chicken thighs in a separate bowl and pour enough jerk seasoning to cover it completely (this way if you have leftover seasoning, you can still use it for a different dish or as a sauce). Marinate for at least an hour, preferably overnight.

2. When ready to cook, heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, add the chicken and cook for about 7 minutes, until cooked through and no longer pink inside. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.

3. In the meantime, combine the chopped mango and peppers in a medium bowl. Whisk together the lime juice, honey and salt & pepper in a separate bowl, then pour over the mangoes & peppers. Chop the chicken into bite sized pieces, add to the mango-pepper mixture, and toss together until combined.

4. Slice each avocado in half and remove the pit. Squeeze a few drops of extra lime juice on each avocado half to prevent discoloration. Spoon generous amounts of the chicken & mango mixture into each avocado (it’s okay if they overflow a bit past the hole left by the pit) and garnish with a slice of lime. Serve with a nice salad and enjoy!