what goal weight should someone 5"4 set

Options
2»

Replies

• trhops
    trhops Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and at my highest in 2006 I was 216 pounds. My lowest was 130.9 in June 2010. I had gotten back to 135 last March and became lazy again, so I am trying to get back to between 135-140. At that weight I am in a size 8.
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    thanks guys this helps me a lot. I set mine to 136 pounds so that sounds about right. wow a size 10 at 162 pounds that's great. I might be the same it sounds like. I will see what happens at 162.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"4 and 125lbs, size 8-10 if that helps? I'd say your goal weight would put you in a size 10-12

I'm 5'4" and at that weight, I'd be at most a size 6, but frequently a 4. I have a huge frame, but also a giant chest.
  • letobot
    letobot Posts: 205
    Options
    Results will vary by the person. I am also 5'4 with a broad, thick build. I currently weigh 165lbs and wear an 11/12, though at my smallest of 137lbs, I wore a 9/10. My goal is between 140-145, but that works for me. Find what works for you and try not to rely on what others are doing. We all gain and lose weight differently.
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    goal weight with a BF% goal as well would be most helpful.
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    It really varies so much per person, as is already evident by the replies to this thread. I think I was around the same size as you at that weight (a 14 at around 185) and also consider myself to have a large frame. At 5'4" I'm into a size 10 now at around 162 pounds. I can't see myself ever getting to 135, though, lol. I think I have too much muscle to weigh that low.

You sound just like me :wink: I am also 5'4" , 163 pounds and I wear a size 10. At my goal weight of 140 I comfortably wear a size 6. I wouldn't want to be smaller than that since I have a larger frame overall but small hips.
  • KJBeltran
    KJBeltran Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I got it. I went to medindia. net and it told me for my large frame my goal weight needs to be 136 pounds. because of my large frame type it will put me a size 8-10 for me. perfect

I think this is about right, or at least it was for me. I have a med/large frame and when I was 134 I wore a 7/8. I currently weigh 165 and I wear a 12/13...my thighs are huge though!
  • JAT74
    JAT74 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if everyone on here is talking UK or US sizes? I am 5'4" and 146lbs at the moment. I'm a UK size 12 on bottom and 10-12 on top or size medium. I was a UK 8 (US 4) a few years ago when I weighed 124lbs but I was still at least 7 lbs or more overweight. My current body fat is around 35% and at at 124lbs it was still high at around 28% so its really hard to get this down. I've always done 3-6 days training a week.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4.5 and at about 145 I was size 10, 135 size 8 and 120 size 6. (US/CAN sizes) I didn't have a lot of lean muscle mass and at my lowest weight I was around the 20% BF range.

Depending on your build and how low you want to go on body fat and how much lean muscle mass you want to build your goal weight and pant size will be different.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    As far as pants size goes, I think it's really about the hips more than anything else. I'm an extra small in shirts, but larger size in pants. So I'm not even sure what size frame that would put me in. I'm a mixture of mismatched frames.