What defines healthy????

Options
So many conflicting views out there as to what is healthy. I guess this is more of a vent. I am just tired of people making comment like..oh I thought you were trying to be healthy..you are eating that?>

Umm...yes I am...and it is fully incorporated in my food choices for the day...and if I want to have a slab of cheesecake..I can have THAT TOO!!!

I will admit I am trying to eat cleaner also..making better food choice..whole grains...cook more from natural ingredients..back to basics 75% of the time...but not 100%

So today I was at the market..and they had a pork shoulder marked down...hmmmm....my first thought was...man I could go for pulled pork tomorrow....

So I grabbed it...and grabbed some weber bbq sauce(look at stats...it is actually a decent choice if you are buying one)

So I trimmed it all up got it in the crockpot...and a friend called...asked what I was doing..and was appalled I was having that if I am trying to be "healthy"

Why is it not healthy???

I even got nice whole grain buns for it to go on.

I think so many people think you have to deprive yourself of EVERYTHING you think is good to lose weight...so not true!

What things do people think are unhealthy that drive you crazy?

And to top it off that it is often people unmotivated to take charge of their own body...it gets under my skin...sorry...rant over..

To me ..One portion of pulled pork(trimmed well and decent sauce), on a whole grain roll, with a nice salad...is a healthy choice....

Do I know that there are "cleaner" options...of course...I have those too sometimes..

Replies

• JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I have to say I find it interesting at your rant over the definition of "healthy", yet throw out the term "eat clean" without giving it a passing thought...
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    People are ignorant. I've had the odd comment or two of "Aren't you trying to lose weight?" It's frustrating.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    Did you invite her over for pulled pork?
  • dtf88
    dtf88 Posts: 53
    Options
    Lol sweet tats, but yeah all you gotta worry about is the macros of the food, and micros such as vitamins. Usually foods are labeled "Clean" because they have a good macro/micro nutrient profile that will make it easier to hit your numbers.