What a difference 20lbs makes!

Options
mmrose00
mmrose00 Posts: 253 Member
I started my weight loss fitness journey in January 2010 with MFP and training for a 5K using the C25K program. The first day I started the C25K program I was almost in tears ...LITERALLY, because I could not make it through the running intervals which consists of 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes. I guess I wasn't in tears because I couldn't do it, but because of the reason why I was having difficulty..#1 Because I had not been physically active in a year or so. #2 Because I was carrying around WAY too much weight! I literally felt like I couldn't breath towards the end of the 60 second intervals...

OK fast forward 2 weeks, things were going well I managed to make it out of Week 1, by repeating it 2 times and then moved on to Week 2. I was feeling good, still having trouble with my breathing and recovering in enough time but I was well on my way in Week 2 actually I was on my 3rd week of the program and I injured my knees.. I WAS SO ANGRY! Just when things were beginning to look up, AN INJURY! Needless to say I stopped the program to recover but still building my endurance with other workout routines ie. The 30 Day Shred amongst other things, but it just never really replaced running for me.

Fast forward to today, I was feeling a bit under the weather, and just needed to do something other then work.. I decided to go out for a walk/run and completed Day 1 of Week 2 and it was a BREEZE!

What a difference a 20lb weight loss has done! I was running like I do this all the time! It felt amazing! I still have a lot of weight to lose but it felt good to see some light in what seems at times to be total darkness.

I am one step closer to Running into Shape!!! Be encouraged, you can do anything you put your mind too!!!

Replies

• talea3
    talea3 Posts: 2
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!
  • ReneDavidson
    ReneDavidson Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    YEA for you!!! So, excited for you and where you have gotten yourself with hard work and sweat!! I just completed the 5K training and am now on day 4 of the 10 K...whew...
  • pbxr
    pbxr Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    What a difference a 20lb weight loss has done! I was running like I do this all the time! It felt amazing! I still have a lot of weight to lose but it felt good to see some light in what seems at times to be total darkness.

I am one step closer to Running into Shape!!! Be encouraged, you can do anything you put your mind too!!!

This is SO encouraging! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. :smile: My BFF & I started the C25K program a couple of years ago, but never finished. Since joining MFP & seeing others' success with it, I've been considering trying it again. Thanks again & CONGRATS! :happy:
  • mmrose00
    Options

This is SO encouraging! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. :smile: My BFF & I started the C25K program a couple of years ago, but never finished. Since joining MFP & seeing others' success with it, I've been considering trying it again. Thanks again & CONGRATS! :happy:

Awww Thanks!!! You should DEFINITELY do it again! I love it!!!
  • mmrose00
    Options
    YEA for you!!! So, excited for you and where you have gotten yourself with hard work and sweat!! I just completed the 5K training and am now on day 4 of the 10 K...whew...

THANKS!!! WTG 10K I can't wait !!!! GOOD LUCK with it and continued success on your journey!!
  • Andi_Mo
    Andi_Mo Posts: 243
    Options
    Congrats once again! You are truly inspiring and it's so nice to see others achieving their goals and gaining better health and fitness. Keep it up, I'm looking forward to watching you soar ; )
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!! :drinker: You ARE such an inspiration!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Keep it up!!!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! :drinker: I was just thinking this morning that I'm ready for something new and different, so I think I will check out C25K. I have NEVER been a runner (still have bad memories of 8th grade gym class). But like I said, I'm ready for a new challenge, and everyone seems to really like C25K. You have inspired me to check it out! Thanks!! :happy:
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi MMrose,
    Check out all these items that you have lost!!
    I picked these up from another thread, so funny......

41YiY4uie8L.jpg
    this medium container of cat litter. or...

014045125963lg.jpg
    this small propane tank or....

mc235b.jpg
    This super nice stereo system. or....

DSC00122.JPG
    This tire or....

20pounds.jpg
    Haha! Just kidding.

Welsh_Springer_Spaniel.jpg
    This dog!
  • learning2bfit
    learning2bfit Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of you, I can't stress that enough. Your a very determined sister and I admire that about you. 20lbs is an awesome milestone and your 20lbs lighter from keeping health issues at bay!

WTG!!!!!
  • mmrose00
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone! I truly appreciate it!!!!!

meokk HILARIOUS!!!!! LOLOLOLL
  • crmldlyte
    crmldlyte Posts: 64
    Options
    I started my weight loss fitness journey in January 2010 with MFP and training for a 5K using the C25K program. The first day I started the C25K program I was almost in tears ...LITERALLY, because I could not make it through the running intervals which consists of 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes. I guess I wasn't in tears because I couldn't do it, but because of the reason why I was having difficulty..#1 Because I had not been physically active in a year or so. #2 Because I was carrying around WAY too much weight! I literally felt like I couldn't breath towards the end of the 60 second intervals...

OK fast forward 2 weeks, things were going well I managed to make it out of Week 1, by repeating it 2 times and then moved on to Week 2. I was feeling good, still having trouble with my breathing and recovering in enough time but I was well on my way in Week 2 actually I was on my 3rd week of the program and I injured my knees.. I WAS SO ANGRY! Just when things were beginning to look up, AN INJURY! Needless to say I stopped the program to recover but still building my endurance with other workout routines ie. The 30 Day Shred amongst other things, but it just never really replaced running for me.

Fast forward to today, I was feeling a bit under the weather, and just needed to do something other then work.. I decided to go out for a walk/run and completed Day 1 of Week 2 and it was a BREEZE!

Hey Rose,
    Is the C25K thing good for beginning runners? I want to try my hand at running but I'm afraid I'll suck at it like I do at weight loss! I'll have to search on the board for some more info on it. I have to buy the right shoes of course because I'm VERY prone to injury! I've also been on runnersworld.com checkign out some of the articles. Plus you know I'm doing the shred too which is kicking me in the rear "quite literally isn't that right buddy?" hahaha...only Shredders will appreciate that line!
  • mmrose00
    Options

Hey Rose,
    Is the C25K thing good for beginning runners? I want to try my hand at running but I'm afraid I'll suck at it like I do at weight loss! I'll have to search on the board for some more info on it. I have to buy the right shoes of course because I'm VERY prone to injury! I've also been on runnersworld.com checkign out some of the articles. Plus you know I'm doing the shred too which is kicking me in the rear "quite literally isn't that right buddy?" hahaha...only Shredders will appreciate that line!

LOLOLOLOL at the "quite literally...." LMAO!!! The C25K is designed for beginners..Trust me if I can do it.. YOU MOST CERTAINLY CAN!!! I will post some links on your page to get you started...
  • karleen
    karleen Posts: 260
    Options
    im on week 6 i think ending tomorrow. its a 2.25 mile run! i love this program. after i ended last week with the 2 mile nonstop run i thought to myself 'wow you just ran 2 miles, you couldnt even run 2 LAPS in high school!'

good job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!