Insight's please!

Options
Even though I've manipulated my daily calories and have set MFP to lose .5 lbs/week, I'm losing it at a pace of around 1 - 1.5 lb a week I think. Its still been week 2 and I'm down to 146-147 lbs eating at 2220 cal. I workout on a 3 day split with cardio on off days and a full body workout on Saturday. I've also been dropping lighter weight/high rep to go back up again to heavy lifting. Not sure if this is the result of my metabolism kicking back in but any guys there eating almost 2500 a day but are still losing weight? (with workout included in your days). Ladies can also share since I've seen some eating more than 2000 cal a day.

Opinions are greatly appreciated!

Replies

• now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    At the height and weight you are you should focus more on building muscle and not losing weight... Set calories to maintain or even gain 0.5lb a week and lift heavy weights.
  • Justkritter
    Justkritter Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    At the height and weight you are you should focus more on building muscle and not losing weight... Set calories to maintain or even gain 0.5lb a week and lift heavy weights.

I just came from an extreme calorie deficit so I'm still working up my calories. My goal to maintain for a while is at 2500 a day. I'm still slowly adding cal every week to help my body adjust and my stomach to get used to eating a lot more again. So yeah, I guess even at 2220 cal a day it may still be a deficit for me since I'm losing weight.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    If you are looking at maintaining and want to add more calories without stuffing yourself add things like nuts, peanut butters, healthy oils, etc. Those things pack a lot of calories for a very small amount.

A handful or two of say cashews a day will add a good 600 cals with barely any food.