Replies

• judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • melbogg
    melbogg Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    The foil packet is a nice and easy way to go. I usually put asparagus on bottom, salmon on top and a couple slices of lemon on top of the salmon. Drizzle with olive oil. Goes great with brown rice.

^^^^^ sounds great!
  • mbanks15
    mbanks15 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My favorite and really simply way, is to squeeze lemon juice over it and sprinkle with pepper and garlic salt. Then just cook in a pan stove top or on the foreman!
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    We just usually mix a little olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, and fresh rosemary and rub it on the salmon before tossing it in the oven or on the grill.

Oh, wild sockeye ftw.
  • sundog10
    sundog10 Posts: 1,409 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sati18
    sati18 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Ooo i have one i made yesterday!!!

lemon, chilli and honey glazed salmon - servie with stir fry vegetables and noodles:

This makes 2 fillets:

Ingredients
    Tesco - 2 x Boneless Salmon Fillet, (approx 200 g total weight) - 400 kcal , 26 g fat, 39g protein
    Pure clear Honey, 2 tablespoon - 103 kcal, 25g carb, 0g fat, 0g [rotein
    Red Chilli Pepper, Raw, 16 g/1 pepper -18 kcal 4g carb, 0g fat, 1g protein
    Oil - Olive, 1 tablespoon - 119 kcal, 0g carb, 14g fat, 0g protein
    Amoy - Light Soy Sauce, 5 ml (teaspoon) - 3 kcal, 1 g carb, 0g fat, 0g protein
    Festival - Lemon Juice (From Concentrate), 3 tablespoon (45mL) 0 kcal 0 carb 0 fat 0 protein

Total per person: 322 kcal, 15g carb 20g fat 20g protein

Recipe:

Preheat oven to approx 200 degrees centigrate, around 400 degrees farenheight - for fan ovens reduce to 180 degrees c
    finely slice the chilli papper and then combine all the marinade ingredients i.e everything apart from the salmon into a bowl or tupperware.... shake/stir thoroughly. i usually add itin the following order : lemon jouice, mix in honey, mix in soy sauce, add olive oil, then add chilli, then taste as you might want to add a touch mroe soy or honey depending on your tastes....

if you are going to be serving with noodles/vegetables and want a sauce for them, you can separate out half the marinade before adding salmon (reduce contamination with the fish) and then add salmon to the remaining marinade, leave for 1/2 hour while heating oven.

line a baking tray with baking paper, plunk the salmon into the middle of the paper along with the marinade it's sitting in, and scrunch it up so that the salmon is wrapped up like a parcel. this is important because otherwise the honey in the marinade will burn - it needs to be properly wrapped. bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes (i usually go with 25)

if you have saved some of the marinade to flabour a stir fry then again remember that honey will caramelise/burn very quickly over a flame and cook your noodles and veg thoroughly first and just add the marinade in the last minute or two.

hope this helps :-)
  • crissyking
    crissyking Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • nataliescalories
    nataliescalories Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I like to do it with either a very nice mustard...like a French dijon or spicy variety. The other option I like is to just BBQ it. I just prep it, coat it, and bake it. It's fast and you don't need any oil or extra fat. I will also make a tinfoil pouch of some veggies like cauliflower or carrots and seal that up and bake it alongside the fish's baking dish on the oven rack. Very easy--very yummy.
  • squishypillow
    Options
    i like to marinate mine for 30min in soy sauce, grated garlic and brown sugar and then pan fry it...or how ever you like
    the brown sugar gives it a nice caramalisation
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    In a foil paper, on your salmon fillet... add a mix of 1/2 orange juice ... 1/2 Tamari.... garlic, pepper, ground ginger to taste... and veggies

(The liquids quantity depends on how much salmon you make, so it can be 1/2 a cup of each or less... or more!)

Put in oven until done! or BBQ!
  • Revupy
    Revupy Posts: 8
    Options
    I eat the salmon at least twice a week sometimes 3 along with shrimp and lobster tails on the fish side. I use different oils such as sun dried tomato or mediterranean dipping oil or extra virgin olive oil for variety sake. I wash it and then sprinkle Cayenne Pepper, Black Pepper, Basil Leaves, Thyme and a little oregno so that that pink side is totally covered. I push the spices down on that one side before I put it in the frying pan and then blacken it. Sometime before I take it out of the pan I will sprinkle a little parmesean cheese, a tad of butter to start melting on top before I hit it with the lemon juice. When the lemon juice hits the pan it smokes up and its PERFECT!!! Now I bless and worship ... the salmon.