Newbie from Minnesota hoping to get her body back!

Options
Hello all! I just joined yesterday. I am making the commitment not to diet...but to change my lifestyle! I have been unhappy with my body for years now. It started when I went from an active job to a very sedentary one. I have gained 30 pounds over the last eight years. I never realized the effect of added pounds. Not only am I unhappy with my body...I feel fatigued (literally NO energy, which further adds to my weight gain problem), have trouble sleeping, avoid activities I used to love due to being self conscious (i.e beaches, dancing). Well, I am starting my journey with a mixture of emotions! Fear of what this commitment will take, uncertainty about my will power to succeed, and excitement to be HEALTHY and HAPPY with my body :smile:

Replies

• Rabanilla
    Options
    i started yesterday too and I hope to get down 100 pounds and more if possible this year.. I am making a commitment also not a diet..
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    You can do it! One step at a time. You've made a great start by being here. Make a plan, and its so much easier. One step at a time!!!
    Don't be afraid, make that change. Next year, you will be VERY glad you did.

Add me as a friend if you'd like

Nancy
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Another Minnesotan here. I was real skeptical when I started about 6 weeks ago. I then realized what the calorie counter was really telling me. I then re-added weight training back into my routine. All of sudden the pounds just started dropping. The first 4 weeks are the toughest because sometimes thing don't appear to be working. I truly believe you can do this!