What's the best term for fat?

Options
123457»

Replies

• Erykah3584
    Erykah3584 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I never use the word "curvy" to generically refer to someone who's overweight, because curvy is a SHAPE, not a size (one of the curviest girls I know is clinically underweight).
    I totally agree with you. I see a lot of overweight ladies call themselves "curvy" all the time on facebook. When I hear curvy, I think of someone with an hourglass figure. These ladies are clearly apple shaped. :huh:

I like to use the words heavy or overweight btw.
    To describe myself, I say I'm chubby. :smile:
  • Rodamort
    Rodamort Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    According to comedian Grabiel Iglesias (aka fluffy) there are 5 stages of fat:

1. Big
    2. Healthy
    3. Husky
    4. Fluffy
    And the 5th one is DAMN!!!

This one made me laugh... It doesn't really matter to me... Fat, heavy, overweight, horizontal overachiever, whatever... My grandma use to always say I was not "fat", I was "husky"... which as I kid... I think I hated even more. Now, I know the truth... I am just "heavily insulated"... I mean really... who here has lost a lot of weight and realized that they get colder the lighter they become?!?! After 76 lbs I can't recall a colder winter. :laugh:
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I prefer "fluffy".

me too. I love Lilo & Stitch. Favorite disney movie ever!
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    According to comedian Grabiel Iglesias (aka fluffy) there are 5 stages of fat:

1. Big
    2. Healthy
    3. Husky
    4. Fluffy
    And the 5th one is DAMN!!!

This one made me laugh... It doesn't really matter to me... Fat, heavy, overweight, horizontal overachiever, whatever... My grandma use to always say I was not "fat", I was "husky"... which as I kid... I think I hated even more. Now, I know the truth... I am just "heavily insulated"... I mean really... who here has lost a lot of weight and realized that they get colder the lighter they become?!?! After 76 lbs I can't recall a colder winter. :laugh:

dont joke.. I am froze all the time and I am like where is my insulation...oh right I loss the weight..... brrrrrr...LOL
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I love all the answers, thank you so much.

In my world, 'thick' means the same as 'stupid' or 'dumb'. And for some reason 'fluffy' just bugs the heck out of me, though I can see why having a loved one use it would be acceptable.

'Curvy' to me could be anything from someone who is slender with curves, or someone my size with curves. I was either blessed, or cursed, depending upon how you look at it, with a narrow waist, a large bust and hips. I don't think of myself as curvy because of my fat, I've curvy because of my shape.

When describing other people I tend to go with 'large' or 'larger', but as has been well put, there are often other ways of describing a person but from experience I know that some times it is necessary. And sometimes it's just how we talk about other people
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    chunky monkey :) <- that is me
    fatty boom boom
    larger/bigger
    pregnant hippo

being a chunky monkey im well within my rights to use fat terms