Weigh Ins

Options
Do you weigh yourself every day or set one day and weigh in on that day? I told myself I was going to weighin only on Thursdays because I get frustrated when I see the small losses (less than a pound). So after week 1, I stepped on and dropped 4 lbs. Just curious what others do.

Replies

• Ervie317
    Ervie317 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I weigh-in just once a week, usually. It helps me not stress over what the results are. To be honest though sometimes I just like to check because I am curious.
  • amomono
    amomono Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I also try to do once a week... and on the same day. It's hard not to get discouraged when the scale doesn't move or only moves a bit... so you gotta keep thinking long term! It is amazing how much your weight can fluxuate day to day based on sodium, water, etc...
  • jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I get on the scale everyday at the same time. But I only count my loss (or gains..because lets face it, it's not always a loss) on Wednesdays. I found weighing everyday keeps me focused.
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I get on the scale everyday at the same time. But I only count my loss (or gains..because lets face it, it's not always a loss) on Wednesdays. I found weighing everyday keeps me focused.

So very true...it isn't always a loss. Thanks for your reply.
  • nczuczu
    Options
    I also try to do once a week... and on the same day. It's hard not to get discouraged when the scale doesn't move or only moves a bit... so you gotta keep thinking long term! It is amazing how much your weight can fluxuate day to day based on sodium, water, etc...

So very true...need to think long term. I guess stepping on the scale everyday would mean I am looking for a short term. Thank you!
  • nczuczu
    Options
    I weigh-in just once a week, usually. It helps me not stress over what the results are. To be honest though sometimes I just like to check because I am curious.

You made me laugh...I sometimes step on too just cause I'm curious; but then I'll admit, I'm disappointed if I am up even 2/10 of a lb. :)
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Your weight is constantly fluctuating. Once a week. Or throw out the scale and buy a measuring tape. Don't forget to take progress pictures.
  • nczuczu
    Options
    Your weight is constantly fluctuating. Once a week. Or throw out the scale and buy a measuring tape. Don't forget to take progress pictures.

Have taken the measurements and I know that is a good idea. Hubby and I took pictures the other night. Good suggestions!!
  • bookwormk
    Options
    I weigh every couple of days at the same time. For me (and me alone) it helps me figure out if I'm overeating or plateauing or whatever. I only record the losses, whenever I find them. It encourages me to workout harder or add extra days to my workout.
  • nczuczu
    Options
    I weigh every couple of days at the same time. For me (and me alone) it helps me figure out if I'm overeating or plateauing or whatever. I only record the losses, whenever I find them. It encourages me to workout harder or add extra days to my workout.

That's a good suggestion too. I'll see how the weekly weigh-in goes and switch it up if I need to.
  • jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I agree with taking pictures. Take them!!! At about 50 pounds lost, I still wasn't seeing the difference. I knew I was smaller, obviously, but I still couldnt see the difference. My friends husband was telling me that I should look at pictures. Well I didn't have any. He had one from a party and sent it to me. It is my only before picture. I wish I had more. So even though you may not want to take them, please do it. And take them through out this whole process.
  • JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I weigh in a couple of times a week but I only count the one on my official weigh in day. I'm kinda OCD about it... so yeah.
  • slboling
    slboling Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am a very firm believer in once a week. The weight does fluctuate through the week and you'll find yourself going nuts and quitting.
  • nczuczu
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the advice.