Newbie here!

Options
I just recently began seriously thinking about loosing weight and making an effort. I have always had a love hate relationship with my body. Sometimes I am ok with how I look but other times I hate it. My goal is just to be able to go into any store and buy clothes that fit me. I am currently considered a plus size (around size 22 pants). I would like to be a size 14. I haven't been that small since Jr. High. My weight has continued to go up for me since I hit puberty. Currently I believe I weigh somewhere between 230-250 lbs (I don't own a scale yet) judging from the last time I was weighed at the doctor's office.

I will be getting married in about a year or so and I want to become a more healthy person. My family is prone to diabetes so I want to watch my weight.
I will start my weight loss program by making small changes to my normal routine. For example, I have a sweet tooth at night so instead of having a few cookies with my coffee or some type of pastry I am substituting chocolate rice cakes (which I have found to be very satisfying). I will also try to walk for 30 mins at least 3 or 4 times a week.

Replies

• k9crystal
    k9crystal Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just joined as well and am also a 22!!! We can do this :)
  • steffi1686
    steffi1686 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have seen a lot of groups helping each other to loose weight in the motivation board. I would love to join one so that I can share things with others. I am not sure how these groups are made though.
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I have seen a lot of groups helping each other to loose weight in the motivation board. I would love to join one so that I can share things with others. I am not sure how these groups are made though.

First of all, welcome!!!

From my experience with the groups you can do one of two things. One, make your own. Post something asking people if they want to join. It could be a "getting into size 14" group and anyone who has that same goal could join, etc. Two, just pop into one of the other groups and ask if you can join. My BFF in real life got me on here so I joined her group and I do find it helps a lot to meet my goals. Other people are holding you accountable. I weigh in with them once a week and I can say I'm often worried about letting them down just as much as myself, because we are working on this together.

I hope this helps. As for me, I am now going to bed since I'm past the point of being delirious...I swear, I just logged on to log my food and look at me posting everywhere :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • steffi1686
    steffi1686 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help! It is always hard trying to figure things out on a new forum site.
  • gisii
    gisii Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    u just made on of the best decisions of ya life!!!!! this site is amazing, the people here are great!!! DONT GIVE UP!! and when u need a lil motivation we will all be here!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou: