Info about row machine, please?

Options
Is the row machine more for cardio or specific muscle strengthening? Wanting to work on abs and lower back, but not sure if this machine will help...any info greatly appreciated.

Replies

• natty_y
    natty_y Posts: 14
    Options
    It's both. The thing about it that most people don't realize is that it actually works your legs really well. You need to push with your legs first and then with your arms. It's a great total body workout, and I use it for cardio. I do weights for muscle building.
  • Ilovevwgolf
    Ilovevwgolf Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Rowing is an excellent all-round exercise and great for your muscles workout. If you need more Google Concept 2 website and there are a lot of infomation abouit the benefits of rowing. Or you can even type 'benefits of rowing' and you will find a lot of sites. I have a Concept 2 indoor rowing machine (I wish I can row on water..) and since September I have been taking rowing seriously - following weight loss program from Concept 2 website - and the result was fantastic! I have lost the weight I need to lose and my body is much much toner than it used to be. This is me @ 51 years old with muffin top before I started! I do 3 times a week but it is better to mix your exercise with other types.