Paul Mckenna Hypnotic gastric band

Options
Has anyone tried this book/cd/dvd combo? I've just orderd it from Amazon and wondered if anyone here had any succcess with it.

Replies

• Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Bump

Anyone?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    "Any weight loss success due to hypnosis is likely to be short-term only, says Dr. Eric Braverman. “The placebo power of hypnosis and any release of endorphins that it brings is short lived,” he says. “This country needs lasting weight loss, not one-week fixes or two-week fixes.”

http://www.northshorelij.com/NSLIJ/Newest+Way+to+Lose+Weight+Hypnosis

IMO it's hokum, but if you believe in it you might have a bit of weight loss due to placebo effect.
  • markpowlett
    Options
    I have to say that hypnosis does provide a long term solution to weight loss.
    No hypnotherapist can make you lose weight and those that only find a short term loss may well find that this is because they thought that they needed to just lie back relax listen and the weight would fall off.

I work with clients who want to lose weight via hypnosis and I assure you it works and it works long term. But it isnt magic, if you dont do the exercises you need to do, both mental and physical, and eat a healthier diet of course you will not lose
  • chervil6
    chervil6 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    i give anything a go at least once , no one knows if it will work for them till they give it a go .. you go Kate :)
  • YoYo1951
    YoYo1951 Posts: 370
    Options
    I went to Sam Maranto in Phoenix. Would always watch his infomercials and would wish it were me. Well I went, and the only thing I lost was the $2,000.00 which was very hard to come by, and now, when I see his infomercials, it enrages me over and over again. MFP works, if you do it, as anything will. Make baby steps and you will see results. Sam Maranto, you got me man!!!!
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I did his 'i can make you thin' and i slowly got down (healthily) 47lb, and have kept it off from 2008 to now. I got it pretty cheap on ebay one day.

It works on your subconscious so you don't think about it.

If you dont try it, you wont know, it worked for me, and its worked for quite a few people as per reviews on amazon, book sites and some diet sites.
  • CharleneExtreme
    Options
    I'm starting my preparation week tomorrow. I'm a huge binger and dieting jeopardises that! I'm going to add you so we can share experiences. There's a facebook group for people doing it so if you want the link, pm me. He's really good for answering peoples questions on his own facebook & twitter too.
  • m5parr
    m5parr Posts: 21
    Options
    My mom lost about 50lbs using his "I can make you thin" program a few years ago and has kept it off so far. I tried it with no luck. I lost about 5lbs initially and gained it right back. To me it was mind over matter. I couldn't stop thinking that it wasn't going to work. I need something more concrete... Like MFP :)
  • jessgumkowski88
    jessgumkowski88 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    bump. I've tried hypnosis and it's worked for me for other things, but i've never tried it for weight loss. I'd love to read others opinions
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I'm already in the FB group, Good luck to you. I've lost 3lbs since I started with out any effortt of even conscious thought about what I eat. I hope it works for you too!

On a general note I think its a case of different sttrokes for different folks. Some people do incredibly well at slimming groups.Others (like me) feel pressured to perform and end up eating even more in that stiuation. If it works for you, great, if not find something that does.
  • spirit0f61
    spirit0f61 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I gave both his books and CD's a go. At around £8 each I thought it was well worth a go, as opposed to seeing an expensive therapist. I have to say it reinforced my ability to leave food on the plate and recognise the signals that I was satisfied. I was working on this before and it helped underpin it. At the price, it was worth it. I'm counting my cals and tracking everything, but it does help to tell myself to stop eating when satisfied, rather than clean the plate as I used to.
  • spirit0f61
    spirit0f61 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I gave both his books and CD's a go. At around £8 each I thought it was well worth a go, as opposed to seeing an expensive therapist. I have to say it reinforced my ability to leave food on the plate and recognise the signals that I was satisfied. I was working on this before and it helped underpin it. At the price, it was worth it. I'm counting my cals and tracking everything, but it does help to tell myself to stop eating when satisfied, rather than clean the plate as I used to.
  • CharleneExtreme
    Options
    I'm already in the FB group, Good luck to you. I've lost 3lbs since I started with out any effortt of even conscious thought about what I eat. I hope it works for you too!

On a general note I think its a case of different sttrokes for different folks. Some people do incredibly well at slimming groups.Others (like me) feel pressured to perform and end up eating even more in that stiuation. If it works for you, great, if not find something that does.
    Oh that's brilliant to hear. I'm seeing a lot of good reviews so far. I just started my prep so have a while to go yet. I'm the same as you. Restricting causes me to binge like crazy. Paul does have a point. Diets are bad for some of us!