Going way over calories...

Options
2»

Replies

• prokomds
    prokomds Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    How much weight did you set MFP to lose per week? If it's 1 pound a week, you're eating 500 calories less than your maintenance level every day -- 500 less than the amount required for you to keep your weight the same (if you're not aware, that's because a pound is approximately 3500 calories, divided over 7 days... 500/day)

If you overate by 500 calories, that means you maintained your weight on that particular day (you did not gain or lose fat).

What's so terrible about that? That's not going backwards, it's just holding still for a moment. Nothing to panic over :)
  • Zumaria1
    Zumaria1 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Please don't feel bad, it happens to all of us!!! Just log all of it, even when its over, that way you can see how to gauge it for the next week. I went over this past week as well, so some days I didn't eat all my calories from exercise on the next day, just to even it out some.

Also, what someone said is true, even if you are over a couple of days it will not make you gain weight, because its probably still below what you would need for the day anyway.

Just get back on track and don't stress over it too much. It's life, we are not perfect
  • karenrace
    Options
    It happens to everyone, don't let it bring you down too much. And I agree with previous posters re. you probably won't even really gain from it. So, just keep moving forward.

Also, I try to look at my intake on a weekly basis. If I have a really bad day (or two..or even three) I try to be extra good on the other days of the week and hope for the best.

Be patient and kind with yourself, you deserve it!