POLAR HRMs past/present owners

Options
2»

Replies

• FrustratedYoYoer
    FrustratedYoYoer Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I have the FT60 and mine has started doing this recently. However, I've had it 3 years and there has never been a problem so I think I probably just need to buy a replacement strap as they only last so long. The only time the readings used to go haywire was if I didn't wet the strap enough or it was a bit too loose. Next time you use it really soak the strap and also wet your skin.
  • rpmtnbkr
    rpmtnbkr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I've had the same issue over the years with the strap for my CS300. I've replaced the strap a few times as I've just flat wore them out, even with regular care. I'm hard on them I guess. When actively working it out's nothing for me to use it 2-3 hours a day every day (hours go up from riding).

I agree it's frustrating as all get out to look down and fiind that your HR is 220 or above or 0! Hard to stop and start in a middle of a ride or workout IMO. Even with soaking it and changing batteries I couldn't get it to performa reliably. Returning the whole setup isn't an option for me as I participate in a program at work that allows me to get points for cash from polar workouts. The last strap (about a year old) got so bad before Christmas I ordered a new one.

When researching for a new one I found that Polar has a new style out - the H1. It's basically the same but the electrodes are different than the regular model and are supposed to be much better than the cloth ones. Something worth checking into.

So far I've been real happy with the new H1's performance, ease of cleaning etc. I've been buying my watches and accessories from Heartratemonitors.com. Just about the best price around.
  • bf43285
    bf43285 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've had my FT4 for about 9 months and it started acting up the same way. I contacted Polar and they told me to wash the strap in the washing machine and change the battery in the transmitter. They reminded me to not store the transmitter on the strap because of corrosion with the metal and to wash the strap with water after use (I usually wash mine in the shower after a workout) and once a week in the washing machine. I did all this and it worked 3 times then started messing up again. They told me I have a 2 year warranty through the company and sent me info to send it in to be fixed. I really don't want to be without it but then again it's not much good not working. Contact customer support if the suggestions do not work.
  • aprilslusher
    aprilslusher Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have had my Polar FT4 close to 2yrs now. I haven't had any problems with it.