Polar H7

Options
scribb
scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
I heard the Polar H7 works with the iphone.

Does anyone have one of these, and how well does it work?

Replies

• pem_70
    pem_70 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It works excellently.. Use the digifit app
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I have one. It worked flawlessly. For 4 workouts. And on the 5th one (these workouts happened within the same week to 10 days), it STOPPED working. Changed batteries (twice), followed all of the troubleshooting tips on the website multiple times, deleted app many times, and powered phone on and off what felt like a million times. I have an iPhone 4s, and Bluetooth works perfectly with every other device I have paired it with... just NOT the Polar H7 heart rate sensor. I even removed the pairing of my headphones to see if that helped- it did not.

The HR sensor also transmits a signal to my old F6 model watch, and to the gym treadmills. I was CERTAIN it was a buggy app, but now I don't know what the heck the issue is and am so freakin livid that this is no longer working.

Support was emailed, and they got back to me in a couple of days ("high volume of feedback lately". Yeah, no kidding.) The wisdom in the email was essentially if not exactly the same as what was on the website and I clearly told them that those tips were not helping in my situation. They are only open M-F regular business hours, so are of NO help when I need to use it tomorrow morning. It's too bad the chest strap is so much more comfortable than my F6 that's falling apart :(

If anyone reads this and has any other ideas of what might work, that would be appreciated. Otherwise, I'm getting my money back. I wanted to like this HRM sooooo bad, too. I think it's too risky to try another one at this point.
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    And... I tried Digifit, RinKeeper, Mapmyrun, etc. and it does not work with any of those apps, either :sad: