HEAVY LIFTING (WOMEN) HELP

Options
Exactly what is this and how does it work? I saw success stories along with pictures in the other thread, but was wandering exactly what one will do for a routine especially women? Thanks.

Replies

• Loftearmen
    Options
    Exactly what is this and how does it work? I saw success stories along with pictures in the other thread, but was wandering exactly what one will do for a routine especially women? Thanks.

There is no difference in training for men or women. Google "starting strength" and start from there.
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I like the Stronglifts 5x5 program. Easy, basic program. Google and they have a website with the info and also a free iphone app to track
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I started with Lee Labrada's 12 week lean body trainer.
  • originalcookiemonster
    Options
    I'm doing New Rules of Lifting for Women and plan to do Stronglifts after. Don't be fooled by those that claim women will "hulk up" and look unfeminine. Take a look at my friends they lift weights and they are hot let me tell you. Women do not physically have the amount of testosterone in our bodies to hulk up like men do. Unless you're on steroids. So read the NRL4W book, its pretty helpful, if you like. Lift heavy, eat protein and enjoy the results. :bigsmile: