call me old fashioned, but women should be feminine!

Options

Replies

• yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Lifting will make your uterus fall out.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Add me to the list of those who were ready for a fight but now I love this thread so much!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I've never snatched. :(

I've never cleaned.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Based on how I currently feel, I might up lifting by 1000%.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

Doooo eeeet!! Seriously! They're my favorite!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

Based on how I currently feel, I might up lifting by 1000%.

Agreed. How do we guarantee this will happen?
  • cfregon
    cfregon Posts: 147
    Options

This is great except for the "I clean" part.

didn't get the joke?

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/OlympicLifts/PowerClean.html

I've never seen this website before, but it's something that after browsing for about 5 minutes, I'm forever grateful for your posting! Thanks for the site. I've been looking to add some variety and this will be super helpful. *done with serious posting* carry on.

No worries! they also post strength standards so you know where you "fall" and an ORM calculator! ENJOY!

For the record, I have a lot to learn about lifting still. I focus mainly on squats, DL's, bench, OHP, and Row. I do bear complexes too, which involves clean, push press, and fron squat.

I'm coming back from two years of injuries, and with a new lease on life. I'm finally back to running, my next goal is to get back into body weight strength training, then the heavier stuff. I was never overly ambitious about working out really, but after so long not be able to walk, I'm determined to get stronger and healthier. The only way to keep my arthritis, scar tissue and weaker bones/joints from taking me out again is to make them stronger! Did my first deadlift a couple weeks ago :D
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options

Haha, thanks for that--this is what my mom says! "Girls shouldn't lift heavy things, it makes things inside tear up!" I am still not sure what the hell she means by that.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options

haha.

Perhaps you should start with kegels exercises before you do anything more strenuous! My perineum is always in BEAST MODE!
  • _happycats_
    _happycats_ Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Did deadlifts today :) Great thread, I was also looking for a good scrappy post and this made me laugh!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    phew.. I was so ready to go on a long rant. Now what do I do with all this p*ssed off energy.

Me too. Good thing I am on my way to the gym and its leg day.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Your lifting stockings are wicked hot! That's awfully cool :-D
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I need to perfect my snatch!
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I finally purchased my own bar and plates and was so excited that I called my mom to tell her (and, yes, I'm 40 years old ... THAT'S how excited I was LOL) ... and the first words out of her mouth were "You're not going to get bulky are you?" :angry: She's lucky she was on the phone and not in front of me. lol

Now I just need to convince my husband to move his stuff out of the garage so I can buy a power or squat rack since I can squat heavier than I can lift ... :devil: :bigsmile:
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Haha, thanks for that--this is what my mom says! "Girls shouldn't lift heavy things, it makes things inside tear up!" I am still not sure what the hell she means by that.

My mom says lifting heavy weights will give you wrinkles. (She's also the one who got me into lifting weights in the first place, just not heavy)
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Whatever, you'll just get bulky.
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options

D'you promise? :love:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

I only tried single hand snatch.
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options

I only tried single hand snatch.

That's okay. Everyone experiments in college.
  • Today414
    Today414 Posts: 118
    Options
    I fracking kid you NOT this woman I work with was trying to convince me that this happened to a friend of hers...

*smile&nod*