Need a lil advice and support

Options
I so need a workout buddy but guess what I live in the freaking country hills and during the day there is NO ONE around. I'm home alone and I am very depressed b/c freakly I miss living in the city b/c I was able to go places. Living here has changed all that. On top of only having one truck to drive and my bf works all the time and of course I never ask him to drive the truck b/c the one time I did he said that he would pick whatever up I wanted to go get after work on his way home that night. UGH I HATE IT!!! I want to visit people again and I want to go back to the gym. I never ask my bf for money b/c he uses the We'll see excuse all the time. I'm up to my ears in We'll see crap. I'm about to look at him and tell him to screw himself and grab the keys when he gets home and just leave. I mean Hello I don't leave the house all week and maybe once on the weekend maybe depends on what we have planned. I am so not a stay at home person I am used to visiting people going to the stores just to walk around going to the gym when I had a membership and just all in all enjoying myself. How am I to get to know anyone here if he keeps me here all the time. And how am I to get to know the area when I never leave the house. UGH Anyone else have this issue and what did you do?
Also don't get me wrong... I love my boyfriend to death and we have a great relationship. He supports me on losing my weight even has said he will support any diet changes I take and will even start buying healthier things (which he has) but I just feel like I'm on a losing end again. I am going to be getting divorced here in the next few months and I know that is gonna hit me hard but I guess I just need the support. I never truly had a workout buddy the last time I mean my lil sis supports me my older sis supports me but I have no one around to give me that push. What am I to do??

Replies

• iamlaprell
    iamlaprell Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'd just explain to him that part of you losing weight is becoming more active and that it would be great if you were able to keep the vehicle to go find things to walk and see and do. If he says no, then I'd be a bit worried that he's trying to control you.
  • ReddRidingHood
    ReddRidingHood Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Ohhh girl...it's time to start thinking independently here. First off, you need to consider getting a vehicle for yourself. I live way out in the county as well but riding a bike is a possibility. If you don't like asking him for money then why don't you look into making your own? He's your partner, not your parent. You shouldn't have to ask and be told no. I would ask if he's saying no because he doesn't have it?...or is it just because he doesn't want to give you any? That's a bad sign. You need to explain to him that it's not the convenience of him bringing whatever you need home...you actually want to leave the house! Socialization is normal and healthy. I know you think you need a workout partner but it sounds like you don't have a very good "partner" at home. More like a Warden...Honestly I did have a similar issue years ago. My ex-bf used to pawn me off on a ranch hand who was running into town for whatever I needed. Short story is I have been married to the guy who would take me to town for 10 years now. Going from being a wife to someone's girlfriend hasn't really given you a chance to find out who you are.