Hello

Options
Hi All,
I am new to myfitnesspal and thought I would say hi... I have had a long time battle with my weight and as i am getting older I really want to start taking care of myself as well as looking and feeling great about myself!! So this is my year!!!
Hope all is well for everyone!
Raq

Replies

• TeriB19
    TeriB19 Posts: 33
    Options
    Morning Raq! I'm new here too. Just joined and pretty much for the same reason. I'm getting older and am tired of carrying around the extra weight and want to make a change. I lost almost 50lbs on WW but I need to start saving some cash, so I joined up here.

Nice to meet you! Good luck!!

Teri
  • Leesa22
    Leesa22 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I just joined too, thanks to Teri. I have been at a stand still for weeks now and hoping seeing numbers everyday of what I eat, when I exercise and reading threads will help me. I lost 60 but need another 20 then will go from there, but that is my next goal.
  • taye4ever
    taye4ever Posts: 11
    Options
    Morning Raq, Welcome to MFP and i know exactly what you mean about getting older and wanting to care of urself while we still have energy (LOL). I celebrated a birthday back in January and me & my partner felt that it was time for change and so far so good. So know that the road agead maybe long and hard but, know that we have so much more to gain.

Taye
  • confuseacat
    confuseacat Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi, Raq! This is my third day here so I am a newbie too. Like you I am getting older (41 next month!) and now the weight is starting to take it's toll on my back and knees. I think we get so busy with our lives we forget to take care of ourselves sometimes and suddenly we realize. wooops! what the heck happened?!
  • vapeanut
    vapeanut Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I turned 41 in Dec and feel better then I did at 31 - I was also 60 lbs heavier at 31 so I am a firm believer that healthy living reduces the aches and pains of age. My biggest change in my life style was to move constantly. I went from a life of sitting and resting to moving around. I now fold laundry while I stand and watch tv rather than sit and fold. I try to remember that every movement is burning calories and shedding lbs.
  • pyincessflossy
    Options
    hi raq another newbie here too im here for pretty much the same have always struggled with my weight and decided now is the time to change before i end up where i was 7 years ago a size 20 and not a happy girl managed to loose 4 via wieght watchers but have struggled keeping it off and hoping this will give me the kick i need to get the last few stone back off .....
    alway up for a chat or a moan haha so u know where i am xx