WOW! All of a sudden my clothes are huge

Options
GoddessG
GoddessG Posts: 175 Member
How did this happen? Last week I was wearing clothes that I knew were getting a little loose. The dresses didn't seem to hang right, but I couldn't figure out what was wrong. They're relatively new, so I thought I ordered the wrong size and berated myself a bit for that. The exercise pants were more comfortable than they had been, but I assumed they must be stretching. They never were clingy. Then, all of a sudden ...

I put on one of my ironed shirts to go somewhere where looking decent and it was so big, I couldn't wear it in public. The sleeves were as huge on me as the shirt was too big around me. The shoulder seams hung a full two inches below my shoulders and the neck was so large, it wouldn't stay in place. I looked ridiculous. I looked even more rediculous when I put on my best jeans (stretch jeans with elastic waste). They hardly stay up and they look as funny as the shirt on me. How HUGE my legs must have been! How HUGE "I" must have been!!!!!

I should have known this might happen. Last night, as I was lying in bed watching TV, I casually put my hand on my belly. Startled, I realized that I felt something strange. My belly was uneven. I felt around in an attempt to find out what was wrong with me. Then I realized: Under several inches of remaining fat were RIB BONES!!!!! I'd forgotten that I SHOULD be able to feel them. And this afternoon, when I went to measure my waist, I discovered that I actually knew where my waist was. (I'd lost it at some unknown point in the past)

It feels like it just happened - like magic. I'm so stunned, I'm not sure what to think. As I have no one to share this with, I thought I would share it with you.

Replies

• AmyAraba
    AmyAraba Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Fabulous news! So happy for you ????
  • grrupp
    grrupp Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!!! I am looking forward to that day :)
  • amysue1971
    amysue1971 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    yay!
  • gottalose55
    gottalose55 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    That's the best. Enjoy!
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • Danni1585
    Danni1585 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    That's what I am looking forward to. A great big well done to you, make sure you relish the moment. Brilliant news to share s
  • iamlaprell
    iamlaprell Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    How terrific that must feel! Just don't do what some do and freak out so much that you fall off.
  • DESIREERIVERS
    DESIREERIVERS Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That is such and awesome story! Thanks so much for sharing! Congrats!!!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    That's great! You need to shop. I just got back :bigsmile:
  • buildingdreams
    buildingdreams Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    best feeling in the world!!
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    that is awesome, and I completely understand what your talking about, it seems like yesterday I was wearing a 16 and when I bought a pair of new pants the other day I had to get a size 5...it's crazy and COOL!!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    That's a wonderful problem to have! :flowerforyou:

Congratulations to you! Now you can go shopping for new clothes :)
  • Christinesyear
    Christinesyear Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I love this post! What a fantastic feeling!
  • juliedor
    juliedor Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    What a great day for you.Congratulations.
  • mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Bravo! I can't wait for that day!
  • miche_smash
    miche_smash Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Isn't it a great feeling?!?! I have lost over 20 lbs and now many of my pants are too big for me as well!
    GO YOU!!!!
  • jojojo909090
    jojojo909090 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    That's very cool. Wait until you discover hip bones and collar bones again!
  • Tammierose777
    Tammierose777 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That is Awesome!!! Congratulations!! That is so encouraging, for US and for you... Nice to see that what your doing is actually working.... All the best to you... Hope I will be there one day soon... :)
  • irishjune
    irishjune Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing that. Watching the numbers change is nice, but realizing you have a waist again is fantastic!
  • guinnessstella
    guinnessstella Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is fantastic! What an amazing success!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!