getting fatter and fatter.

Options
I gained 20 lbs over the holidays.

I look 20 lbs heavier than in this photo that I have myself on here, I look AWFUL.

my size 14 jeans don't fit... none of my old clothing fits.

I have to go plus size clothes shopping.

UGH THIS IS HORRIBLE. how could I let myself go? this is my health...I feel like I will never loose this weight and its becoming so depressing. im obsessed with dieting . food is all I think about now and I always want to eat.

I have to meet up with someone in two months, and I have to look good. I can't let myself go anymore. I just cant. this is my health and if I can't be healthy then the worst will happen. im afraid of high blood pressure, diabetes, etc. all those things.

I just keep eating bad stuff for myself....I keep eating out and I just can't stop. what do you do when you get into something like this , when you can't stop eating bad food and go overboard?

I need help. I really need to loose this weight and right now I need all the support I can get because this weight is causing me to feel tired and low all the time. :'(

I need to loose these 75 pounds! ugh....

Replies

• kendranicolecuster1994
    Options
    Hey, I'm Kendra. Im 18, 5 ft 1, and weigh 145. I am new at this but I have some of the same problems you're having. I'm becoming depressed that I've gained about 20 pounds, my clothes don't fit anymore (even the "fat-jeans") and I just binge and eat unhealthy all the time. Even when I'm not hungry. I'll give my support in any way I can.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    First, go to the grocery store and buy things you will cook, eat, and enjoy. Then make sure you always have something in the house for meals. That is to keep you away from fast food.

Then use MFP here to calculate calories eaten and burned. Also, buy a food scale and a Heart Rate Monitor if you can.

Start working out today (if possible right this second), even if it's only 100 jumping jacks or a walk around the neighborhood. Exercise will not only make you look better and lose better it will also make you feel better, more hopeful, energetic, and capable of doing this.

So exercise regularly. I feel like a hypocrite for saying that, though, because even though what I just typed is absolutely true, sometimes I have no motivation to do it! But after a few days of feeling bleh and miserable, I do it anyway.

Hey, at least you caught hold of yourself before you gained over 100 pounds. I can't say the same for me!
  • jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Ok- first of all 20 pounds over the holidays, so what a month? That seems like a very short time to gain 20 pounds (this is coming from someone who gained 100 pounds over 7 years) could there be something wrong medically?

Now- how to stop eating fast food and junk food. You have to want to do it. Yes you want to be thin and healthy, but you have to want to eat healthy and work out to get there. It will not just happen and it wont happen quickly either. Setting a big goal, like 40 pounds in 2 months or something like that isn't realistic. Take it day by day. Plan your meals and snacks out for 1 day and stick to it. No matter what it takes, stick to it. When you are done with the first day, you will see that it wasnt so hard. Do the same for the next day and so on. Make it thru 7 days, and reward yourself. Not with food. A new book or something like that.

When I first started, I would always tell my self "6 months from now, you will have wish you started today." So start today. You will be happy that you did. Good Luck! Jill.
  • fusion777
    fusion777 Posts: 197
    Options
    Hi Nellie,

Logging on here was the first step, you are on your way to weightloss!

I wish I was smart enough to look for help when it was "only" 75 lbs to lose, instead I waited untl things got really bad and I have a LOT more than you to lose.

The holidays are behind you, the new year is here! Do all you can to stay in those 14 pants, please trust me!

Logging all your food and trying to eat as healthy as possible for the next few weeks should keep you from gaining more and even possibly losing a few pounds. Add 64oz of water daily if you aren't doing that yet, it will be so helpful for you!

Good luck!! Post here as often as you need to, I couldn't have lost as much as I have without this site and calorie tracker.
  • Lynn_babcock
    Lynn_babcock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Of the 34 posts you've made since joining you've been bragging about the high calories you can eat while still loosing weight.. all the coffee you can drink... while still loosing weight. I'm confused.

I realize by posting here you are looking for 'motivation and support'. But by not being truthful you are hurting others, who now believe you can eat extra calories and loose weight like you, and yourself... because you're going to start believing you can't do this because you're not keeping track of everything truthfully. Be truthful in what you post and what you log.

My husband and I started My Fitness Pal together.. between traveling and eating out we haven't been doing as well lately because I don't really know how to log everything we've had. A couple days ago you can see on my diary I have Red Robin fried mushrooms, and like 3 other chain restaurant foods listed in 1 meal.. because the Longhorn Steakhouse (or whatever it was) on San Antonions Riverwalk didn't have nutritional info on their foods. I was probably off on calories.. but for the most part it is probably similar. I log toward the high side, my husband logs to the low side. When we drink our coffee in the morning he either won't measure and call it 3 Tablespoons or will do his tablespoon with huge 'heaps' on them. He has put on weight and I've at least maintained. He's confused because he's been 'under calories.' Be honest in how you log... you can't cheat and get extra calories without a cost. This will only work if you are absolutely truthful with how you log everything. If you're putting on weight.. don't tell other people you can eat a ton and loose weight.. it's not good for anyone.

Log everything, brag when you've earned it, be truthful. Each meal is the opportunity for a 'win'.. each day the opportunity for a 'win', each week, each weigh-in, each month... you'll have some losses too but if you see your chances to have a 'win'.. well, those make it easier for me. "Today was a win because I was only 7 calories over" "Today was a win because in 5 weeks I'll look amazing" "Today was a loss because I was 800 calories over.. but it was so worth it"
  • ajourney2beme
    ajourney2beme Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm a big believer in setting your self up for success!

Looking back on things i've done I realize how much I didn't do this. Buy the good foods you want to make to keep yourself from eating out, on the same subject depending on how you are eating make things you are craving but in healthier ways, keep healthy snacks in the house that fit how you are eating.

If fast food is a huge problem (this was a BIG problem for me) you need to figure out what triggers you to want those things. For me it was a route I took home from work (and boredom in the car, so i brought good snacks in he car with me and turned the radio up really loud!) and I had to do some searching but found a different, fast food joint free, route. Also I tried to only keep cash on me (the exact amount I'd need) until I broke free of my addiction to going out to eat. I put myself on a strict budget doing that so that I knew how much gas $ I would need or food $ so that I could leave my credit card at home and only take cash. This might require you to also be a bit more organized by coming up with meal plans etc.

I'm not sure if this would work for you, or some sort of variation, but this is how I broke my random fast food visits.

Good luck! I just started using the site again so looking for friends for motivation/support! Add me if you want!
  • MaxsMomTN
    MaxsMomTN Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    First you need to find what motivates you, what works to keep you focused on your goals. For me, it was taking a picture of myself and putting it on the fridge and keeping it on my cell phone. Every time I go to put food in my mouth, I look at that picture first, then decide do I really want to eat that? I haven't eaten out at all since I started this, I look at that picture and figure I've eaten out enough, and that's why I look the way I do. Some day I'll make healthier choices when I eat out, but not yet. Don't keep cash on you either, makes it too easy to stop and get that hamburger!

Only buy healthy foods at the grocery, foods that you are willing to log in my MFP journal an admit you have eaten. ALWAYS record everything in your food journal, you can't lie to yourself when you do that, it forces you to realize exactly what you are eating. Find a buddy that you are willing to be honest with and share your progress daily, keep each other honest!

Drink lots of water, for me that's the key. Don't 'drink' your calories, save them for a healthy but tasty meal.

Plan your meals ahead of time for each day, snacks included. Keep healthy snacks on hand, I keep some at work too. Pack a healthy lunch if you work, don't give yourself any excuses. Find lots of yummy healthy recipes and make sure you rotate through them, don't let yourself get bored eating the same things.

And get moving, find some type of exercise you can commit to doing, walking or whatever. Take the stairs, park farther away and walk, make whatever changes you can to get your body moving.

Don't get down on yourself, have faith that you can make the necessary changes to be a healthier person. It may be hard work, but you are worth it!

Let's keep each other motivated!
  • smilesalot1969
    Options
    DO NOT GO PLUS SIZE CLOTHES SHOPPING!!! trust me ive lost 135lbs almost half my body weight and one thing i did faithfully as i lost weight was throw away any clothes that were too big. Buying bigger clothes gives you room to put on more weight when what you need is to diet into the too small ones.