Anyone do the 300 workout?

Options
So basically the version I know is as follows: 25 Pull Ups (hands pronated), 50 Dead Lifts (135 lbs), 50 Push Ups, 50 Box Jumps (24" box), 50 Floor Wipers (135 lbs), 25 DB Clean N Jerks Each Arm (35 lbs), and finally 25 Pull Ups. You record the time it takes to do the entire exercise.

It's a great way to see where your lactate threshold is AND it's a great workout. If you have done it, share your time! If you haven't done it, DO IT, and then share your time. :wink:

Tips for starting out:

1) Split each lift into sets (5 sets of 5 pull ups, 5 sets of 10 dead lifts, ect). This way you get rest instead of pooping out after the first two lifts.

2)Take as much rest as you need, but not as much as you want. Basically, be sure to pace yourself so you don't throw up.

3) Don't get discouraged. This is NOT an easy workout, and I would not suggest it to beginners.

4) Constantly form check. If you are no longer able to do an exercise with proper form, DON'T DO IT! Once form fails, that becomes the "check point" that you look to beat next time you do the workout.

My best time is 13:51, although that was about 6 months ago. I believe I could still do it in under 20:00. I'll be doing it Monday for a definite, current time. :happy:

Replies

• Backous21
    Options
    17:41. Just logged about a half hour ago. Not anywhere near my PR, but it's a starting point.