How Do you combat weekend eating?

Options
Hello All.. TGIF
Just wondering how you combat weekend eating?
During the week it is so much easier being regimented at work.
Any thoughts?

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I loosen up a little on the weekends, and with Sunday being my rest day, I often go over my calories. Hasn't hindered my progress at all. Just don't go gonzo and you should be fine - especially at 1200 calories per day, which is likely lower than your BMR anyway. :smile:
  • caroleannlight
    caroleannlight Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    More exercise then eat up the extra calories. Just be careful not to overestimate. HRM is best if using MFP then only eat back half to be safe as tends to overestimate but YRMV.
  • Kathy168
    Kathy168 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Good suggestions! I feel guilty "letting up" but I have to learn how to just let that go!
    I thought 1200 calories was low also ( I'm not really that hungry though!)
    5.0" and I've been told my height has a lot to do with how much I am "allowed" to eat.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I move more on the weekends, as this makes for less time for munchies and more available if I get hungry.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I'm much more active on the weekend as I suspect most people are, so I've learned it's OK to be more relaxed with my eating. I just don't overeat and logging weekend days in my food diary has really helped me avoid doing that.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I have a different regimen for the weekend. It's different than during the week, but it's still a plan. I make some changes to my meals/snacks to account for the differences, but I still stay within calorie goals and close to macros. I workout for 2 hours on Saturday morning which allows me more calories for that day. Sunday is typically a rest day, but sometimes I will exercise a bit to get a few more calories- even just go for a walk. This has worked really well.