Need a soy based protein powder for smoothies

Options
It has to be sugar free, gluten free and lactose free... yeah right. I want to make smoothies with peanut butter, cause I am doing High fat (good fat), high protein low carb. Also, it can't have sunflower seeds or oil in it. Anyone know anything good? Don't care about cost... for the most part.

Replies

• fatladysings72
    Options
    Doesn't anyone know of any??
  • MadelineTaylah
    Options
    There is a chocolate Musashi brand of soy protein which I have used and it tastes pretty good. :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I have to use soy protein because I can't digest the casein in whey protein powders. I just use a generic soy protein isolate powder right out of the bulk bin at my local store. It has zero sugars and zero gluten. Just search for a soy protein isolate and read the ingredients to make sure it's ok for you. :drinker:

ETA: There's no lactose either, because there's no milk product in it. It's just straight soy protein, not a mix, so there aren't any wierd ingredients.
  • Athena125
    Athena125 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My doctor put me on this when I needed to get off of bad food and clear my system: it is called Mediclear by Thorne.

Soy is NOT good for you, fyi. It is a HIGHLY processed food. Soy completely screwed up my hormones and I had to give it and regular milk up - since them my acne has reduced by 80-90%.

Try pea or rice protein.

I prefer to just put some nut butter, flax seed, chia seed and/or a couple of raw eggs. I think processed proteins of any kind aren't the best long-term.
  • fatladysings72
    Options
    Try pea or rice protein.

I actually do know that soy is not good, but I have no choice, being diabetic and allergic to milk, it is the only protein that I can use. So, if I want a smoothie, this will have to do.
  • fatladysings72
    Options
    I have to use soy protein because I can't digest the casein in whey protein powders. I just use a generic soy protein isolate powder right out of the bulk bin at my local store. It has zero sugars and zero gluten. Just search for a soy protein isolate and read the ingredients to make sure it's ok for you. :drinker:

ETA: There's no lactose either, because there's no milk product in it. It's just straight soy protein, not a mix, so there aren't any wierd ingredients.

Thank you I will look into this. I thought they had to exist somewhere. lol
  • tbellingham
    Options
    Presidents Choice has a soy protein isolate powder that you could try. I have an allergy to cane sugar and can have this product.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I agree that large amounts of soy could be problematic. An aquaintance of mine with breast cancer was told by her doctors that she didn't need to avoid soy, but that she shouldn't eat tons of it, either. I only use about 20-25 grams of soy protein a day a few times a week when I use it. I have a digestive disorder and my doctor has me on soy protein to keep my weight up when I can't eat normally. It hasn't has an adverse effect on me so far...
  • moniquedeanne
    moniquedeanne Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hemp protein is supposed to be really really good, but it's not soy based. It's around 36-50 dollars.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    There are lots of whey isolates that are virtually lactose-free, so you have options.
  • marie5282
    marie5282 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I use Premium Soy Protein Isolate Powder from Vitamin World. It comes in chocolate and vanilla, is SF, GF, DF, and is $19.99 (discounted if you have their member card.)