Need any advice or motivation....

Options
I just got called up to do a fight on May 1st I am so excited!! All of the other ones always seem to fall through hopefully this one will be a sure thing and I'll finally get my debute fight :love: But the only set back is they want me at 105!! As of this morning I am 136.2. Yikes thats 31 pounds to lose in two months!! So any advice, help, or motivation would be greatly appreciated :wink:

Replies

• lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Um...I don't think that's safe, and you'll be whiped out come fight time...but go kick their *kitten*!!!
  • brandyirigoyen
    Options
    LOL thanks :happy: I'll have a day or two to rehydrate and what not after weigh ins so hopefully that will give me some recovery time.
  • HawkeyeGuy
    HawkeyeGuy Posts: 183
    Options
    Brandy,

That's 22.8% of your body weight. Yes, I think death is more likely than a mark in the W column. Guessing you're relatively fit now, so you'd destroy huge amounts of muscle. Simply not a good idea. Focus on a weight that makes sense. (Take this from an ex-wrestler who saw first hand how brutal excessive weight loss can be.)

Best of luck...
  • Karna6e
    Karna6e Posts: 57
    Options
    I would definitely contact a doctor, losing that amount of weight within that time period sounds dangerous.
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    www.myfoodlovers.com

I've lost 51 lbs since October and 5 lbs so far this week.... I eat all day but the right portions, cooked right and at the right times.

It's an awesome plan and I don't see why you cannot lose that weight.
  • bksteve26
    bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I know this is incredibly unhealthy, but i was put in your situation last summer. My sister was getting married and I was lazy, so the wedding was inching closer and closer. It came down to the wedding being 1 month away and I knew it was time to crack down. I ended up losing 20 lbs in a month. Clearly because of the way it was done I gained it all back and that is why I am on this website but for the time being it was what i needed to do. Heres how i did it. First, I would not let myself watch TV unless I was working out. I am a TV junkie, so this was an overload of exercise. Second, I started slowly but eventually I wasnt eating anything after about 4 pm. I drank a ton of water. And if I found myself hungry at night I would work out instead of eating and then go to sleep. I know this sounds absolutely horrible and i am not promoting this type of behavior. You will crash at some point and then you will gain the weight back quicker than you think AND SOME. This is not a healthy way to diet, or exercise and i am now doing it healthy and its staying off, easy peezy...this is a quick fix for someone in your situation. Plus, you could try water loss a few days before the weigh in. I know a lot of wrestlers who run with a bunch of sweats on all day and only suck on starbursts to keep them feeling less hungry. I hope this helps. :) Go kick butt!
  • HawkeyeGuy
    HawkeyeGuy Posts: 183
    Options
    www.myfoodlovers.com

I've lost 51 lbs since October and 5 lbs so far this week.... I eat all day but the right portions, cooked right and at the right times.

It's an awesome plan and I don't see why you cannot lose that weight.

CDavis - this advice is dangerous and incorrect. Let me tell you why she cannot and SHOULD NOT lose that weight. The person writing this is comtemplating losing 23% of their body weight in 8 weeks. As a percentage, that is borderline safe for someone who started where you did at 294 (and congrats at your weight loss, that's great). But when someone at 134 wants to do this, its insane. You have plenty of fat to lose, and can continue to those great losses. She does not have the same body composition you do, so it's just not safe. It would be a massive loss of lean tissue, and water weight. These are things that are counter-productive to fitness and health.

Motivation is great on this site, but see a doctor if you really want to accomplish any major fitness goal (and they will let you know that you're better off keeping the weight on and looking for a different fight in future.) Hope to see you in the octagon some day!!!
  • brandyirigoyen
    Options
    Thanks HawkeyeGuy. I appreciate the help :) My usual fight weight is at 125, so by all means at this time I'm not all lean muscle at this time. but not quite sure that I have 30 pounds of fat either.
  • brandyirigoyen
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss!! And thanks for the last minute tips. I'm currently pushing lots of protien and water as well as exercise like crazy